Topping up rdwc

• Thread starter Diysoulgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diysoulgrower

Diysoulgrower

I'm wanting to make an rdwc system where all my maintenance is focused on the reservoir for almost everything. It will be 4 bucket sites connected to a main reservoir which will have a pump in it circulating the water out and back into each bucket site. How will I go about topping off, maintaining my ppm and ph? Can I top off the reservoir, get it to the right ppm, ph and then re do in an hour or so after it has had a chance to circulate? I feel as though it will fluctuate after the initial ppm reading as it circulates, thanks!

Nugg

Nugg

So..first rcdwc... circulates from tanks to res...not res to tanks...some may do it differently but I simply mix in res..have for years with no problems..takes about 15 min.to come around..I mean you are only adding small amounts...

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

So..first rcdwc... circulates from tanks to res...not res to tanks...some may do it differently but I simply mix in res..have for years with no problems..takes about 15 min.to come around..I mean you are only adding small amounts...
Does the ppm in the system ever match or come close to the ppm of the topoff res? I mix my nutes (Lucas) and my topoff res ppm is at 600, my system Ppm’s are only 160-170. I know it’s because only so much is being taken up and topped off at a time, but shouldn’t ppms be higher?
Day 17 from seed
Lucas @1/2 strength

Nugg

Nugg

Does the ppm in the system ever match or come close to the ppm of the topoff res? I mix my nutes (Lucas) and my topoff res ppm is at 600, my system Ppm’s are only 160-170. I know it’s because only so much is being taken up and topped off at a time, but shouldn’t ppms be higher?
Day 17 from seed
Lucas @1/2 strength
It will after awhile...that size id probably mix your top off res?1/4 strength..I do it differently..I don't have a top off res? Is this another tank you have set up separate.?.I just add as needed to my res,that is hooked to system..

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

It will after awhile...that size id probably mix your top off res?1/4 strength..I do it differently..I don't have a top off res? Is this another tank you have set up separate.?.I just add as needed to my res,that is hooked to system..
Ok thanks. Yes separate tank, yes I mix the topoff res and as plants feed topoff replenishes. I did have them at 1/4 strength Saturday for 1.5 days, this was their first feed of any type, yesterday I flushed res and mixed the res at 1/2 strength.

Top Bottom