Topping

• Thread starter Shawgster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shawgster

Shawgster

Is it too late to top this? She’s doing well as is but there are a lot of bud sites that could produce really well but I don’t want to lose the king crown if it is too late. I’m guessing veg will be over in 4ish weeks????

Jakecan

Jakecan

Thats a nice looking plant! You could top it if you wanted if you're worried about height or whatever but it looks to be in an open enough spot that I think all your side branches will develop really nice buds. If you top it, it could create a lot more weight on your side branches. Do you plan on supporting your plant?

Shawgster

Shawgster

I can support it if need be. I was planning on pulling the lower branches out to get more sun and air flow. The inner branches are growing well and getting full. I just don’t know if there is enough grow time left to make up for losing the top. My first grow so I’m unsure and strain is unknown

Shawgster

Shawgster

Is height a problem? You should make a support. She is going to be huge.
Height is no problem. I topped 2 others of a completely different strain and they exploded but that was a month ago.

Ponky

Ponky

I can support it if need be. I was planning on pulling the lower branches out to get more sun and air flow. The inner branches are growing well and getting full. I just don’t know if there is enough grow time left to make up for losing the top. My first grow so I’m unsure and strain is unknown
Yeah good plan. Just spread it out. Support the arms on stakes and you can train it wider. Like an upside down patio umbrella. Your grow goddess is smiling on you. If the Weather holds you're laughing.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Height is no problem. I topped 2 others of a completely different strain and they exploded but that was a month ago.
Just remember cannabis plants can almost double in size after switching to flower. So if you have 4 weeks of veg left that things is going to be a beast and you'll get like 5 pounds 😂

Ponky

Ponky

I think you should let it go. You might get a literal tree.. some guys claim 20 pounds off a mammoth tree sized monster. Go for it. Like a giant squash try to get it as big as you can.

Shawgster

Shawgster

Just remember cannabis plants can almost double in size after switching to flower. So if you have 4 weeks of veg left that things is going to be a beast and you'll get like 5 pounds 😂
What!!!!! 5 lbs. that’s insane. I can’t see that happening but shit,,, I’ll take it and crest a community of happy people.

Shawgster

Shawgster

I think you should let it go. You might get a literal tree.. some guys claim 20 pounds off a mammoth tree sized monster. Go for it. Like a giant squash try to get it as big as you can.
I’m down with that plan now. All my plants look great but I’m still very new so what your all saying is really encouraging. I actually have 4 clones from this plant and they look great. First time for that too.

E6FE3C4C C212 4187 AE1B 9D2F3A0DCFBD
Jakecan

Jakecan

I’m down with that plan now. All my plants look great but I’m still very new so what your all saying is really encouraging. I actually have 4 clones from this plant and they look great. First time for that too.
You grow like a natural!

Shawgster

Shawgster

I’m down with that plan now. All my plants look great but I’m still very new so what your all saying is really encouraging. I actually have 4 clones from this plant and they look great. First time for that too
You grow like a natural!
with the help I get from guys like you on this site, I’ve been able to do pretty well I think. I just wish I knew the strain. Maybe I’ll create my own name for it. UNBELIEVABLY my buddy let this strain pollinate last yr and we ended up with over a gallon of ALL female seeds. No bullshit. We’ve grown over 150 this yr and all female. Only keep a few and give everyone seedlings to keep the community smiling.

Shawgster

Shawgster

Here is an update on the subject plant and others. I’m a little concerned today when I saw this plant look shocked. Seen it before and more water did the trick but it’s taking a fk ton of water. Like 2 gallons a day. Normal??

Ponky

Ponky

Here is an update on the subject plant and others. I’m a little concerned today when I saw this plant look shocked. Seen it before and more water did the trick but it’s taking a fk ton of water. Like 2 gallons a day. Normal??
Yeah. If I leave a 5 gallon DWC for 2 days it's down to about a gallon left. If it's a big growing plant.

Shawgster

Shawgster

Yeah. If I leave a 5 gallon DWC for 2 days it's down to about a gallon left. If it's a big growing plant.
I uploaded a video but I don’t see it but anyway do you have a sort of automatic watering system? Outdoor?? I would like to do that so I can leave for a cpl days and not worry about them.

Ponky

Ponky

I uploaded a video but I don’t see it but anyway do you have a sort of automatic watering system? Outdoor?? I would like to do that so I can leave for a cpl days and not worry about them.
Sorry I was just referring to the respiration rate of a plant that supports 10 to 16 ounces. In hydroponic situations. Your issue might be related to the media. Fast drying is good. But I don't use the stuff you have there in those pots. But you can buy timer valves. And set up a siphoned feed. Or garden hose. If you have to go away for a while. How much water how often?

Shawgster

Shawgster

Sorry I was just referring to the respiration rate of a plant that supports 10 to 16 ounces. In hydroponic situations. Your issue might be related to the media. Fast drying is good. But I don't use the stuff you have there in those pots. But you can buy timer valves. And set up a siphoned feed. Or garden hose. If you have to go away for a while. How much water how often?
It’s been 4-5 gal/day but they are all in beginning of preflower and seem to need 6-8 per day

Ponky

Ponky

Wow. Ok do you have a handheld thermometer? Is the pot super hot? If you can shield it from the heat or bury it in a hole in the ground to keep it from being super hot. But yeah if they use the water let them have it. Maybe you just have a really fast drying soil. And the right conditions. If its really hot makes sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom