Topping

• Thread starter mpiersante
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpiersante

I’m wondering if commercial growers top their plants and if the approach differs with indoor and outdoor and with seed and clones. That prize top cola if not topped argued not to top. Old growers I know say sacreligous to top. Thank you.

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

I would rather have 10 or 15 cola's then one slightly bigger main cola. topping the main cola causing the plants loss of it's apical meristem causing the plant to stop growth at that tip and the plants lateral meristem to increase the girth of the plant stem which in turn fuels the next set of branches down to increase their apical meristem growth cells and so on an so forth the more you top.

Ponky

Ponky

Most commercial grows do small close together plants. Handled about 3 times prior to harvest. Not often topped. They grow about 1.5 ounces per plant. In about a 2 to 3 gallon pot. If they get sick they're easy to get rid of.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I’m wondering if commercial growers top their plants and if the approach differs with indoor and outdoor and with seed and clones. That prize top cola if not topped argued not to top. Old growers I know say sacreligous to top. Thank you.
Commercial growers a lot people don’t they only support the plants with poles bamboo or stakes other than that myself I don’t know of any that use or and I have worked in few different greenhouses

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I would rather have 10 or 15 cola's then one slightly bigger main cola. topping the main cola causing the plants loss of it's apical meristem causing the plant to stop growth at that tip and the plants lateral meristem to increase the girth of the plant stem which in turn fuels the next set of branches down to increase their apical meristem growth cells and so on an so forth the more you top.
Yup topping your plant removis a good part of your yield and biggest bud forsure

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Years ago I grew trees, going for the huge main bud. Loved it. I sometimes top plants to make bushes, it works, some strains really take to it. I like to just bend them down early in veg to bush them out. Now I want to grow some John Holmes main colas again. Next run...

Top Bottom