TOPS TURNING YELLOW!! PLEASE HELP

• Thread starter ATLienNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My plants in cocoloco starve at 1500. If I fed 1500ppm bottled nutes they would fry and be completely ruined. Its apples and oranges.

Whats apples and oranges? Im not comparing bottled ec and soil ec. Just metering it to help know when to feed. Runoff is never accurate anyway. Need to meter every time to see trends.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Whats apples and oranges? Im not comparing bottled ec and soil ec. Just metering it to help know when to feed. Runoff is never accurate anyway. Need to meter every time to see trends.
checking your ppm in run off in soil is pointless and majority of time it confuses everything.

How often do you water?
he said every 2 days.

@ATLienNewbie don't water every two days and wait until your soil is less wet/moist. Don't worry about your run off and it has nothing to do about when to feed your plant next. At the plants current stage you should be watering to run off. You should give 15 min brakes in between watering and if you do everything correctly you should be watering every 10 days or so. @GNick55 and i agree that you have a zinc issue and you should worry more about that

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

checking your ppm in run off in soil is pointless and majority of time it confuses everything.

he said every 2 days.

@ATLienNewbie don't water every two days and wait until your soil is less wet/moist. Don't worry about your run off and it has nothing to do about when to feed your plant next. At the plants current stage you should be watering to run off. You should give 15 min brakes in between watering and if you do everything correctly you should be watering every 10 days or so. @GNick55 and i agree that you have a zinc issue and you should worry more about that

If you are talking about potting soil like ocean forest I highly disagree and using a meter to watch trends in ec has worked quite well for me.

The other problem is metering ph without ec. Folks report low ph in buffered potting soil for example and everyone chimes in with ways to raise the ph. But the problem is almost always overfeeding and nutrient buildup. Wash out the excess. Ph returns to normal in buffered (limed/oyster shell) soil.

Ec meters with potting mixes are to meter trends over time. Not an immediate answer to whether or not to fertilize. Its another tool to help manage things. We should always watch the plants of course.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why, the plants are growing perfect. I could run 10 gallons through and it will still be 1000ppm or more. Should run 100 gallons through?

Do what you feel works then. Some Cannabis can suck up surprising amounts of nutrients.

But i have found after growing one plant to the best potential i can in a row one after another fed and trained and adjusted and harvested individually. Spaced out to harvest a plant or two every couple weeks or less and a ton of clones run through for side by side tests of many things. I have found that keeping plants in the 1.0-1.5 ec range max is all that is needed and gives best flavor, smell and potency. Just a little nute and moisture stress helps potency. And overfeeding is the worst thing i can do. It hurts flavor the most but potency as well.

This year i watched a video from Bruce Bugby at the university of utah cannabis grow lab and to my surprise he recommends the same range after tons of testing and consulting with other growers. And he is one of the smartest people on the planet about plants. He is the one doing the research on light frequency and is why far red is added to grow lights and helps design new light meters for Apogee.

So there is that. ;-)

ATLienNewbie

ATLienNewbie

What should be the ppms of the fertilizer be during eah

he said every 2 days.

With the issue being zinc, I should not worry about adding nutrients or zinc? I should focus on correcting my watering routine which will lead to my plant up taking a sufficient amount of zinc ?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

70-80 degrees
Humidity 40-60

I definitely agree with the chronic overwatering. I got a bit lazy and started trying to water on a routine and then...BOOM plants look sad.

With soil you really just gotta feel the weight of the pot to figure out of it needs water. That's why I'm kinda digging coco. No guessing you just water on a regular schedule the smaller the pot the more often you feed its nearly impossible to overwater coco

Latest posts

Top Bottom