Total newbie at this grow

• Thread starter Hsilvas81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Hello everyone. Glad to say I purchased a good amount of seeds from Pacific coast seeds. These two plants are Lavender and Sweet Island Skunk. Sprouts off to the right are Fortune cookies and Lucid Dream. Planted in three gallon bags. Used Autoflower living soil and Espoma organic potting soil. No additional nutrients added. Plants are 18 days in. Please comment with any and all suggestions.

Total newbie at this grow
Total newbie at this grow 2
Total newbie at this grow 3
Total newbie at this grow 4
Total newbie at this grow 5
Goodbudz4

Goodbudz4

Hello everyone. Glad to say I purchased a good amount of seeds from Pacific coast seeds. These two plants are Lavender and Sweet Island Skunk. Sprouts off to the right are Fortune cookies and Lucid Dream. Planted in three gallon bags. Used Autoflower living soil and Espoma organic potting soil. No additional nutrients added. Plants are 18 days in. Please comment with any and all suggestions.

they look great đź‘Ť keep it up

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

they look great đź‘Ť keep it up
Thanks! Tried the Aerogarden first and it was a disaster. I was unprepared and they simply dried up. Now these plants have sprouted so much quicker and seems to be thriving. Hope I don't screw it up.

Dan789

Dan789

Where did you inherit the gnats from?(small bugs you’re collecting on those sticky traps)

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Where did you inherit the gnats from?(small bugs you’re collecting on those sticky traps)
I think it's from the living soil. Smelled very gross but the knats seemed to come out of the soil. No knats anywhere in my home aside from the occasional fly. I'm hesitant to use any pesticide. Any suggestions for a natural deterrent?

Sativajoe

Sativajoe

I'm wondering what size bags you are growing in,, and why the bags do not have more soil in them ??

Dan789

Dan789

I think it's from the living soil. Smelled very gross but the knats seemed to come out of the soil. No knats anywhere in my home aside from the occasional fly. I'm hesitant to use any pesticide. Any suggestions for a natural deterrent?
Diatomaceous earth works easy, just use per directions.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

I'm wondering what size bags you are growing in,, and why the bags do not have more soil in them ??
Bags are three gallon. I wasn't sure either of what size to use. I just made sure to keep it compact due to space limitations. These are autoflower plants so I figured the smaller bags wouldn't be a factor as the plants are not going to grow for months. Per the instructions they flower at 58 and 66 days. I have about three layers of full fan leaves so according to instructional videos online I should top each plant after five layers of full fan leaves. I'm learning on the fly so if you have any advice I'm open and grateful for any you give.

Sativajoe

Sativajoe

No don't put any more soil in now
There was a very experienced Auto grower who used to say any more than 1 gallon of soil is just a waste...... That was until he did a side by side in a 3 gallon bag..... He now uses at least 3 gallon bags all the time, when that grow finishes have a look at the ball of roots,, then make up your own mind whether or not you could have used more soil. !

G

Gammagoat

Any suggestions for a natural deterrent?

I had gnats, someone here told me to top dress with two inches of perlite. Worked great.

The idea is that the mature gnats cant get through the perlite to lay eggs and life cycle is broken. You have the room for it.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

I had gnats, someone here told me to top dress with two inches of perlite. Worked great.

The idea is that the mature gnats cant get through the perlite to lay eggs and life cycle is broken. You have the room for it.
Nice. Okay that works. Thank you.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Do you put your feet in shoes that are 3 sizes too small
Yeah that makes sense. Trial and error so far but glad I'm picking up the experience and these communities exist to help me out along the way. I still have no idea what to do once it starts to flower.

ArrEll

ArrEll

They look Great, to me. Do you plan to fertilize Organically?

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

They look Great, to me. Do you plan to fertilize Organically?
Yes. So far everything I have used is organic. The living soil contains fertilizer so I'm unsure what to use going forward. These are autoflower plants and according to the company from autoflower living soil nothing more is needed besides water and the organic potting soil added for volume. It almost seems too easy so I wanted to get this thread going in case any experienced growers out there don't mind giving me any helpful tips. Seeds are expensive and I already wasted two on a failed Aerogarden setup over almost a month ago. Does growing with the sun rather than my grow tent change anything in regards to potency or size? I feel like the sun would be way better. I used the sun on my windowsill to sprout and once it popped up I move them into the tent.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Hsilvas , I suggest you see a dr for you obsessive " cleanliness" disorder

Just. kidding , very nice and tidy , I like the super clean start , can only lead to good things 🕶

ArrEll

ArrEll

Yes. So far everything I have used is organic. The living soil contains fertilizer so I'm unsure what to use going forward. These are autoflower plants and according to the company from autoflower living soil nothing more is needed besides water and the organic potting soil added for volume. It almost seems too easy so I wanted to get this thread going in case any experienced growers out there don't mind giving me any helpful tips. Seeds are expensive and I already wasted two on a failed Aerogarden setup over almost a month ago. Does growing with the sun rather than my grow tent change anything in regards to potency or size? I feel like the sun would be way better. I used the sun on my windowsill to sprout and once it popped up I move them into the tent.
RE: ORGANIC: I have been interested in Organic growing, but have been unwilling to Commit to it, so I'll follow this thread to see how yours works out. I've read some very interesting things about Unsulfured/Blackstrap Molasses teas. It actually has an excellent "N-P-K" rating for Cannabis, and includes numerous obscure minerals - the total lack of which will result in a deficiency at some point. I had Gnats once. I used the Yellow Sticky papers. Took awhile, but it worked. I like Gammagoat's recommendation of using two inches of Perlite, to interrupt their life cycle. Between the Stickies and that, I'm sure you'll be rid of them soon.

And you do keep a clean workspace. Nothing wrong with that. I have some Rubble in my tent...spilled Perlite, crumbs of soil....I clean it up after harvest. Your plants are looking good. Thumbs-Up.

You probably already know this, but: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-molasses-an-excellent-supplement-for-cannabis-plants-n1148

Top Bottom