Totally confused by my plants doing odd things ,and there is a quick spreading deficiency too, any help appreciated !

• Thread starter Samoses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoses

Samoses

Hi guys,

Got two plants on the go

Second time ever grown,

First time was just in soil and worked great , an ammi auto , shot up, got 3 ounces

This time I have

1-OG KUSH FEM AUTO

1 OG CRITICAL CRACK FEM PHOTOPERIOD

i started them in

60%-40% coco perlite

They grew lovely, really quick ,

They are at about 23 days ,

And I re potted them as the roots had reached their limit in my starter pots , Really good root balls, all desperate to keep growing out , but not to the point of being soggy or brown

Anyway, I used a mix of

35% coco coir 35% bagged compost and 30% perlite ,

With an inch of gravel at the bottom of both plants.

They seemed happy enough the first few days ,

But in the last two days they have got ill extremely quickly !!

I thought it was a nutes block out because of the compost raising the PH ,

So I bought PH DOWN and gave them a tiny tiny dose of that yesterday,

I’ve ended up re potting one today back into 60/40 coco perlite mix ,
The root ball looks great , very white , very healthy , I cleaned any soggy perlite and coco off them, and have sat her in fresh clean coco and perlite !

I’d rather feed her every day than have her die on me !!!!

I just thought that added nutes in the compost and it being more natural might not do much harm !?

I’ve ordered more to re pot the other into the same mix

So yeah,

I’m extremely confused
My main guess is a calcium deficiency?

So is it worth getting cal/mag?

Or should I just wait and see , the problem is it’s happening so quick ,

So their are a few bottom leaves that have got brown spots either side of the vein,

The top leaves have started to have very feint ones , the leaves are growing with holes in them from the day the sprout !!!!????
And one day the top leaves look light green the next normal ,

Oh and a few leaves have started to very mildly yellow from the stem out ,

All in the last 4 days !!!!

Check out the top two new leaves, one is totally sat at a 90• angle!! While the other is ok!, never seen this before ???!

Totally confused by my plants doing odd things and there is a quick spreading deficiency too
Totally confused by my plants doing odd things and there is a quick spreading deficiency too
Samoses

Samoses

Genetics probably, as the plants look ok.
What do you make of this tho ....

The new 5 finger leaves that sprouted yesterday. One side the main finger is drooping completely ,

And what about the holes ?

and brown spots on leaves ? I read that’s calcium deficiency

A7CB377A 8686 4031 B0AF B2395A177F1B
F8F32653 A59C 4D88 A25F D81280B44D5F
C2A9E4CB 47E4 485F B698 DD788BD3A8C0
B12A0CF2 AC29 444B B644 122D660A3BC1
SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

Hey friend, I'm actually new to this, but like to have cracks at stuff, just to see if I'm learning anything. I agree with chemistry that they look fairly good. In the pictures with the spotting, I was going to say nitrogen at first, but with the holes, I'm guessing it's probably bug related. I get those holes too, as I have my plant outside, but now its getting colder so less bugs. Also, yeah, in the last picture the stem does look stressed, I would recommend giving some support like a bamboo stick, but not sure if that's a big problem. In general though, good job !

Samoses

Samoses

Hey friend, I'm actually new to this, but like to have cracks at stuff, just to see if I'm learning anything. I agree with chemistry that they look fairly good. In the pictures with the spotting, I was going to say nitrogen at first, but with the holes, I'm guessing it's probably bug related. I get those holes too, as I have my plant outside, but now its getting colder so less bugs. Also, yeah, in the last picture the stem does look stressed, I would recommend giving some support like a bamboo stick, but not sure if that's a big problem. In general though, good job !
Thanks man !!

Really nice to get good feedback,

Yeh mine are under lamps , but if it’s a hot sunny day like today , I have a photometer , and man, you can’t beat a hot sunny day!,

I’ve used a systemic pesticide , but I’m hoping becuse of the age ,

They can fight off whatever it is ,

Especially since I have treated them with a ph down organic supplement , which supposedly helps calcium and magnesium get to the roots ,
And as I said , I re potted back to coco and perlite only , so what we shit was in the compost can’t carry on smashing roots !!

Hopefully in the next 3 or 4 days they will perk up,

But I have never ever seen a set of fan leaves where just the middle finger has dropped at 90 degrees !!! Crazy,
The opposite leaf is fine , even the bloody fingeees around it are fine !!!

Yeh these are ornately the best results I’ve had so far (I’m not far in, only a couple of months)

First three are an ammi that is currently budding anywhere and everywhere !!

56CB28F2 E7D3 4DD6 9AA7 7AE53E4AB720
B1EFFB32 D21B 4D8A 9882 AFAF2AFA3391
4696FB22 5340 4838 9250 298D3DBA0867
33074A45 31B2 475B B4A6 358E888E013B
C7BF96FD 3223 4273 9EF5 637A7B06AAC2
B695B724 DAC5 4335 80F7 6CEF3F25F787
chemistry

chemistry

Thanks man !!

Really nice to get good feedback,

Yeh mine are under lamps , but if it’s a hot sunny day like today , I have a photometer , and man, you can’t beat a hot sunny day!,

I’ve used a systemic pesticide , but I’m hoping becuse of the age ,

They can fight off whatever it is ,

Especially since I have treated them with a ph down organic supplement , which supposedly helps calcium and magnesium get to the roots ,
And as I said , I re potted back to coco and perlite only , so what we shit was in the compost can’t carry on smashing roots !!

Hopefully in the next 3 or 4 days they will perk up,

But I have never ever seen a set of fan leaves where just the middle finger has dropped at 90 degrees !!! Crazy,
The opposite leaf is fine , even the bloody fingeees around it are fine !!!

Yeh these are ornately the best results I’ve had so far (I’m not far in, only a couple of months)

First three are an ammi that is currently budding anywhere and everywhere !!

What nuits/feed are you giving the plants, or are you in a hot type of soil? In the first pics the plants look pale, like lack of light or feed, but the bottom ones look ok, it's hard to give you any direction as the last pics look fine. More info is needed, what medium are you growing in? What nuits are you feeding? What's your PH? What's in the bag of 35% bagged compost, what's it made from, as all composts differ. It could just be the PH down you gave the plants, the bottom leaf with the marks looks like PH fluctuation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom