Toxicity? Deficiency? Ph imbalance? Please help!!!

• Thread starter C.dutchpuxx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C.dutchpuxx

C.dutchpuxx

So for the past 2 weeks the tips/edges on some of the leaves of my plants have started turning yellow, tips pointing down, and then eventually they got some brown spots. I asked one of my friends whos a grower about it and he said it looked like a nitrogen toxicity and that i should give them fresh Ph’d water for 2 days, i did that, but the yellowing and down pointing tips just continued to get worse. Ive been feeding them once every three waterings, advanced nutrients, 2.5ml micro, 2.5ml grow, 1ml bloom, and 1ml calmag every liter. Watered and fed at ph of 6.0-6.5, grown in 5 gal fabric pots, coco coir. Ive been trying to fix this for weeks please help

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

So for the past 2 weeks the tips/edges on some of the leaves of my plants have started turning yellow, tips pointing down, and then eventually they got some brown spots. I asked one of my friends whos a grower about it and he said it looked like a nitrogen toxicity and that i should give them fresh Ph’d water for 2 days, i did that, but the yellowing and down pointing tips just continued to get worse. Ive been feeding them once every three waterings, advanced nutrients, 2.5ml micro, 2.5ml grow, 1ml bloom, and 1ml calmag every liter. Watered and fed at ph of 6.0-6.5, grown in 5 gal fabric pots, coco coir. Ive been trying to fix this for weeks please help
Need a picture. Burnt tips is usually an indication of too much nutrients. If you've locked up the root system your grow is in trouble. Let me suggest doing your nutrients by calendar date instead of number of waterings. I use the Fox Farm trio, Cal Mag Plus and Neem Oil. But I don't give them Grow Big or Tiger Bloom in full strength every time. Better to under-fertilize a little bit. Big Bloom they get in full strength because it's bat guano and earthworm castings. Using both chemical and organic fertilizer is the bomb.

C.dutchpuxx

C.dutchpuxx

Need a picture. Burnt tips is usually an indication of too much nutrients. If you've locked up the root system your grow is in trouble. Let me suggest doing your nutrients by calendar date instead of number of waterings. I use the Fox Farm trio, Cal Mag Plus and Neem Oil. But I don't give them Grow Big or Tiger Bloom in full strength every time. Better to under-fertilize a little bit. Big Bloom they get in full strength because it's bat guano and earthworm castings. Using both chemical and organic fertilizer is the bomb.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Are your ppms around 600?
Ca mag issue but how and/or why? Thats a good??

Need to know temps, humidity, temp of your soil, what soil type, etc etc etc

No one is going to be able to give an informed perspective on things unless they know the details

Coco grow! Edit: cause cal mag issues

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Check the PH of the soil getting your probe fairly deep into the root system. Coco doesn't stabilize ph as well as soil.

C.dutchpuxx

C.dutchpuxx

Check the PH of the soil getting your probe fairly deep into the root system. Coco doesn't stabilize ph as well as soil.
I dont have a probe to test the ph of soil I only have a meter for water, is there any way i could test my soil levels with that?

C.dutchpuxx

C.dutchpuxx

Are your ppms around 600?
Ca mag issue but how and/or why? Thats a good??

Need to know temps, humidity, temp of your soil, what soil type, etc etc etc

No one is going to be able to give an informed perspective on things unless they know the details

Coco grow! Edit: cause cal mag issues
Okay heres some more details

My ppms are usually 500-700, water temps are at 69-71 degrees F, not sure what the soil temp is sense i dont have any sort of probe

Grow room is 70 degrees F and around 30% humidity

Using a 300w led, 18” above canopy, 18/6 light schedule

Bought the plants as clones a month ago so im guessing they’re at least a month and a half into veg

They are watered only every 4-5 days sense thats how long it takes for the pots to dry out, i transplanted them a week or so ago so that’s probably the reason why they take so long

Lmk if you need anymore details.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Okay heres some more details

My ppms are usually 500-700, water temps are at 69-71 degrees F, not sure what the soil temp is sense i dont have any sort of probe

Grow room is 70 degrees F and around 30% humidity

Using a 300w led, 18” above canopy, 18/6 light schedule

Bought the plants as clones a month ago so im guessing they’re at least a month and a half into veg

They are watered only every 4-5 days sense thats how long it takes for the pots to dry out, i transplanted them a week or so ago so that’s probably the reason why they take so long

Lmk if you need anymore details.
Im not a coco grower but 4to5 days in between waterings is not good. 30% humidity and its taking that long to dry out...coco should from what ive learned and read be watered more frequently than water and not as much as hydro....

Id search for a recent coco thread on here and start chattin folks up....sounds like you're competent so guys will want to help ya out...

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

Are you using straight coca? Like Flex says, you need to water much more frequently with runoff low ppm nutrients ph 5.8 -6.0. Dry coco equals PH problems.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Are you using straight coca? Like Flex says, you need to water much more frequently with runoff low ppm nutrients ph 5.8 -6.0. Dry coco equals PH problems.
+1 coco grower here. Coco should stay 90% saturated. Overwatering in coco is not an issue. I’m watering daily in 3 gallon fab pots. 2nd week of flowering. I’ll be watering twice daily by end of flower. I just updated my coco thread. Check it out. Happy
Grows.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Yeah thats definitely a magnesiumn deficiency. Mix 1 gram of epsom salt (plain stuff without pretty colors or smells) with 1 gallon of water and use that as a foliar feeding 2xweekly. Rinse 30 minutes after spraying or a buildup can start to clog the plants lungs and block light from leaves, so rinse foliar sprays off after 30 minutes. If you want to step things up a bit, add some carbonated water to it too. That will give the plants an instant shot of magnesium and you can add 1 gram per gallon to your nutrient mix too. Coco eats magnesium and LEDs make the plants burn through it too. And yeah, what the other guys said, you should be watering way more than you are.

Top Bottom