Trainwreck Help!

• Thread starter Harvest87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harvest87

Hello, this is my first time growing and Im looking for help! The strain is Trainwreck, and the plant is about 2.5 weeks from germ. The room temp is 72 degrees, I have 2x75watt flourescents and 1x75watt full spectrum lamp. Fan blowing 24/7, lights on 24/7. But the leaves are turning a little yellowish, especially on the tips, the the bottom first pair of leaves that grew are turning pretty yellow. I water it every other day usually..the leaves are also twisting a little and keep curling downwards. No plant food or rooting hormone applied yet, please help! I cant figure it out and I dont want it to die.

Crappy picture but hope it helps a little
http://img293.invalid.com/img293/9389/dscf0841f.jpg

S

snake383

what kind of soil and the ph of your water would help us help u

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
yup what ripz said u dont need to water much on little babys you got a couple of drain holes

J

John Ditchweed

shouldn't most soil have the nutes you need for a plant that small.......... looks to me like its a ph problem followed by over watering............ hell maybe it does need nutes do to over watering and flushing the soil......... ahhh what do I know I can't grow in dirt to save my life

H

Harvest87

Thank you all for responding, I think I did over water it a little too much, I have about 6 holes in the bottom of it. As of the ph levels im notsure yet Im stuck in my house til the snow clears. Im using Miracle grow indoor potting soil. Does anyone have any recomendation for good plant food for a plant this young?

darksideX

darksideX

l.......... looks to me like its a ph problem followed by over watering............
yep.i'm JD,think sou too.. wish you the best to get it on, i'm sure u will,some good veg food( i use GH-nutes for myself,..but any allroundstim.would help i think..) with the right ph and everything gonna be alright:music
:character0103:

K

koopa troopa

miracle grow could have a lot to do with it. terrible soil imo.

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
ditch the mirical grow>>>use happyfrog or foxfarmOF and lightwarrior.
sounds like you are watering too much too>>>
and yes they are hungry.

too much water takes all the nutes out of the soil>>>PLUS miricalgrow soil has a TIME released nutriant>>in the soil...little green balls of nutes.
what sux is its releasing nutes when you dont want it to.
so, too much water...might mean too much food>>>which could possibly lock em up...
and make it look like they are starving.

pureblend pro<<<works great for me.

keep a close eye on em for a couple days>>wait till they start drooping from lack of water, to give you a clearer picture of EXACTLY how much water/food they need.
then you know how long they can go inbetween waterings.

too much water causes ALL PROBLEMS.
if the soil doesnt dry out fully<<can smother/suffocate the roots.
the roots need oxgen, soil needs to be LIGHT and airy to dry out inbetween each feeding.

the rootball stays wet...locks up, and your starving your plant.

wow...to much info:):):)
sorry, hope im not making it worse:)

hubcap

hubcap

miracle grow could have a lot to do with it. terrible soil imo.

yeah.

most of it already has food so thats prolly not the problem.
have you fed it anything yet?
other than water?

-overwater would be my first guess.
-then pH lockout. pH could be locking out N. caused by pH drift or downright OFF pH...

if u feel youve been overwatering..
just grab a lil bigger cup..
put a lil dirt in and transplant it into dryer medium to help things along.
wont look any worse that it already does...

(but totally and VERY saveable, just lay off the waterworks, mang. lol)

H

Harvest87

Thank you all for the replies every thing helped. I already transplanted the plant when it was like a week old would it be back to transplant it again? Would need tipps on transplanting too, dont wanna kill it. I havent fed it anything other than water yet, I probably did over water it :(

I have a few pics, theyre crappy again but maybe will help.

http://img13.invalid.com/img13/3048/img00157wn4.jpg
http://img13.invalid.com/img13/1503/img00158ks5.jpg
http://img201.invalid.com/img201/4540/img00155.jpg

hubcap

hubcap

judging from the first pic...
cuz that looks the best, LOL

its coming back

not sure whats up with pix 2 and 3

diff lighting?

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
soil looks to heavy>>>if ya re-transplant>>>which is cool, lighten up the soil some with some perilight/or, light warrior.

p moss, perilight...loosen up the soil...

H

Harvest87

judging from the first pic...
cuz that looks the best, LOL

its coming back

not sure whats up with pix 2 and 3

diff lighting?

LOL yeah different lighting i had it under my reptile light for a sec just to try to get a better pic
Thanks for the quick reply!

H

Harvest87

Okay ill go into looking for better soil. the pot is 6x6x6 i believe, its been in that pretty much sicne I planted it, how can i transplant it by getting the old soil out and not fkin up the roots?

H

Harvest87

Not exactly sure... I found this one random seed in a bag I bought

H

Harvest87

Looked like purple wreck to me when I had the bag, didnt smoke much of it though when we had it, my girl did

H

Harvest87

Ive been hearing Miracle Grow soil is bad. I think the container is actuall 8x8x8, but I dont have much room to get that much of a bigger pot. So what should I do about the miracle grow soil? Is there any way to change the soil? Or how exactly .could I go about transplanting.. Im afraid to shock the plant with the crap its going through now, I think the soil is a big part of the problem, there are dark green spots showing up on 1 leaf now and it curled slightly upward, and 2 of the other leaves have light yellowish spots in the middle

Top Bottom