Trans plant

• Thread starter Pewee69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pewee69

Hey my plants are outdoors and they started revegging i had three leafs everywere but now its starting to get its normal leaves back can i still transplant them cause this revegg has made my plants huge and i dont think my 5 gallon pots are sufficient anymore pls anybody who can help thx

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

Hey my plants are outdoors and they started revegging i had three leafs everywere but now its starting to get its normal leaves back can i still transplant them cause this revegg has made my plants huge and i dont think my 5 gallon pots are sufficient anymore pls anybody who can help thx
Pictures ?

P

Pewee69

There slowly building bud right now coming back out of revegg and id like to drop them in 15 gallon pots cause they should still stretch when they kick back into full flower mode again right

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The 5 gallon buckets will work fine. They look nice and will take a while for the buds to get larger/heavier, but I use 5 gallon buckets and have 7 ft tall plants that do great. The bucket will be quite rootbound at the end of flowering, but the bucket is large enough for most plants except redwoods. The plants DO grow larger using larger containers, but at the size you are at currently, the plant isn't going to grow much more... maybe a foot and it shouldn't be too big for aa 5 or 6 gallon bucket.

P

Pewee69

The 5 gallon buckets will work fine. They look nice and will take a while for the buds to get larger/heavier, but I use 5 gallon buckets and have 7 ft tall plants that do great. The bucket will be quite rootbound at the end of flowering, but the bucket is large enough for most plants except redwoods. The plants DO grow larger using larger containers, but at the size you are at currently, the plant isn't going to grow much more... maybe a foot and it shouldn't be too big for aa 5 or 6 gallon bucket.

P

Pewee69

Thx jimster yeah was just trying to get them a lil bigger being outside ive got all the room in the world plus my fabric pots are so dense with roots that you cant even squish the sides at all and thick green roots are coming out across the soil now lol revegg turned these girls into root hulks

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thx jimster yeah was just trying to get them a lil bigger being outside ive got all the room in the world plus my fabric pots are so dense with roots that you cant even squish the sides at all and thick green roots are coming out across the soil now lol revegg turned these girls into root hulks
I'm not one for recommending feeding the sh*t out of plants, but with it being as rootbound as it is, you might need to adjust your feeding a little since water usually drains quicker in root bound plants, and the soil can't hold as much water/nutrients. You might just keep an eye on watering, since they dry out quickly. I usually get about 6 months of growth out of a 5 or 6 galklon bucket of Promix, and at the end, it is a solid mass of roots. If it was still in veg growth, it might benefit more from a larger bucket outdoors, but since it is flowering, the majority of the new growth will be buds and not too much height growth, although Saiva's grow a little more during flowering.

P

Pewee69

Well they had a lill bud growth already before they revegged outside there just now starting to go back into flower. And i wasnt going to pull them out of original 5 gallon pots i was just going to cut big slits into the 5 gallon pot and just drop into the 15 gallon pots just let them grow right out one into the other ive got plenty fabric pots left thought it might be worth the sacrifice if it will help my yeilds

P

Pewee69

Some of the stalks at soil level are 2 times as thick as my thumb

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Well they had a lill bud growth already before they revegged outside there just now starting to go back into flower. And i wasnt going to pull them out of original 5 gallon pots i was just going to cut big slits into the 5 gallon pot and just drop into the 15 gallon pots just let them grow right out one into the other ive got plenty fabric pots left thought it might be worth the sacrifice if it will help my yeilds
I've never done or considered it, but I don't grow outdoors, either. I don't really see any reasons that it would hurt anything, although any time you disturb the roots, the plant takes offence. As long as you are careful, you should be OK.

Top Bottom