Transdermal Patch

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAT

DAT

Slh and dog shit 003
can anyone tell me how to make Mary's Medicinal Transdermal Patches?
they work so well :)but are too expensive for me to buy for daily use. :(
I have tried so many types of medical marijuana mediums, dabbin...., smoking , eating , vaping, and so many strains ....... but these patches far exceed everything i have ever tried. , and for all my health issues at the same . It just truly works miracles for me. but at 16 dollars a patch I can not afford them.

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

What do the other side of the patches look like? Is there a gel-like layer? Have you ever tried any other types of topical applied thc? I've heard it can be as simple as soaking some buds in iso alcohol and rubbing the produced liquid on sore areas. I'm sure these patches are faaaaaaar more involved than that tho.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Mind if I ask what condition or symptoms you're treating this way? And what benefits you find with these vs other methods?

How long do the Mary's patches last? Do they have much of an odor?

B

basement bob

My fiancé has a brain tumor and has experimented with over 40 of these patches.

I also have tried the cbd and indica for chronic pain and insomnia.

I don't know how to makes them but I can answer questions related to the subject and tell you where to find compassionate people who don't charge $16.

Bob

Ambre

Ambre

I don't know how they make them, but I know what I would do as an experiment.

As I see it, this breaks down to:
  • The base of the medicine is most likely some type of concentrate, probably oil or alcohol based. I make QWISO, so I would use that as my basis, but an oil extraction should also work.
  • If you are interested in CBD or other fractions of the active elements, you may need to do some research on separating out the fractions you want.
  • THC has to be activated to be psychoactive, which requires heat.
  • The concentrate needs to be able to be absorbed into the skin, which won't happen without something to facilitate absorption. I keep DMSO on hand, so I would use that. DMSO is easy to get, most feed stores & ranch stores sell it (including Tractor Suppply C0). DMSO facilitates absorption through cell walls for both plants & animals - I use it for helping to pop really old seeds and for treatments for my livestock.
  • For the patch itself, I would buy some bandages that seal to the skin on all 4 sides. Remove part of the gauze pad to reduce the amount of concentrate needed to saturate it (waste not, want not)

I would dissolve the QWISO in a bit of alcohol and heat it to activate it. Be VERY careful if you do this on a stove - alcohol will catch fire! I would then cool the activated oil down, mix in a drop or two of DMSO, and then put the resulting goo on the gauze or cotton section of the bandage. Seal it away from air and keep in the fridge until needed. Don't make many at once, once the THC is activated, it doesn't last a real long time.

Disclaimer - I am not a chemist so I could be way off on this. I am not recommending that you do this without doing some research on your own first. What I posted here is not a real set of directions - for example, you need to look up what temperature will activate the THC and if it requires a certain amount of time.

McDank

McDank

Didn't know these were available. $16 a pop is a bit rich tho. How long do they take to start giving effects?

Reactions: DAT
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Got these free at the Seattle cup...they also won a award for I think new product .. Didn't know they were 16 ...wonder if there the same as the guy who made them for animals? might be cheaper... thought this type of product was time released... awhile back morphine patches had holes in them and were making people very sick because of overdose..to much of product being absorbed at once... without FDA approval on something like this I wouldnt think its that strong.. the man who invented the animal patches was approved ,and from Seattle.. Might look into that Dat....M

Last edited:
B

basement bob

@Ambre

That blew me away. Now I just have to decode acronyms, translate, research, and a little Ole guess, test, revise. ;)

@McDank Most transdermal patches actually benefit from wearing them continously. These I belive had the most effect in hours 1-4. Depending on the patch and desired effect. The indica helps me get to sleep and stay asleep. Effects are mild to me, but constant.

Bob

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I don't know how they make them, but I know what I would do as an experiment.

As I see it, this breaks down to:
  • The base of the medicine is most likely some type of concentrate, probably oil or alcohol based. I make QWISO, so I would use that as my basis, but an oil extraction should also work.
  • If you are interested in CBD or other fractions of the active elements, you may need to do some research on separating out the fractions you want.
  • THC has to be activated to be psychoactive, which requires heat.
  • The concentrate needs to be able to be absorbed into the skin, which won't happen without something to facilitate absorption. I keep DMSO on hand, so I would use that. DMSO is easy to get, most feed stores & ranch stores sell it (including Tractor Suppply C0). DMSO facilitates absorption through cell walls for both plants & animals - I use it for helping to pop really old seeds and for treatments for my livestock.
  • For the patch itself, I would buy some bandages that seal to the skin on all 4 sides. Remove part of the gauze pad to reduce the amount of concentrate needed to saturate it (waste not, want not)

I would dissolve the QWISO in a bit of alcohol and heat it to activate it. Be VERY careful if you do this on a stove - alcohol will catch fire! I would then cool the activated oil down, mix in a drop or two of DMSO, and then put the resulting goo on the gauze or cotton section of the bandage. Seal it away from air and keep in the fridge until needed. Don't make many at once, once the THC is activated, it doesn't last a real long time.

Your popping old seeds in DMSO ? and works ? tell me more please.....

Disclaimer - I am not a chemist so I could be way off on this. I am not recommending that you do this without doing some research on your own first. What I posted here is not a real set of directions - for example, you need to look up what temperature will activate the THC and if it requires a certain amount of time.

DAT

DAT

Thank you all for the replys and suggestions.
@StonedPngwin I will take a photo of the other side for you tomorrow when I put one on.
it is Not gel like at all.
YES! I have tried a variety of topicals and none of them work like this AT ALL. not even close.
@HerbForester (BIG SIGH) I have , but not in any particular order, many issues.
anxiety, dyslexia, ADD, depression , Bi-lateral shoulder arthritis , cervical disc compression, lots of trouble focusing on things Im an introverted daydreamer, respitory issues or heart valve issues im not sure about right now....
The benefits I find with this patch are :
I don't have to combust or inhale anything into my very sensitive lungs. the medication goes directly into my blood stream and avoids my liver (which might be fucked up) . the past 5 months I have been having chest / lung palpitations or something that is scary and very uncomfortable both when I smoke and vape, especially potent strains like headband.
I have tried many medibles and they turn my brain on fire and make me feel dizzy and out of touch.
the Mary Medicinal Patch of THC INDICA lasted me about 10 hours. The first 3 -4 hours were a state of euphoria for me. It slowly and very nicely kicked in , just really sweet and easy. I don't know how to say this an yother way but, it made me feel like I always want to feel but can never feel. I FELT in control of my world, my emotions and thoughts. like my third eye opened. I felt my level of consciousness was raised to a much higher level . I could focus clearly and in the present moment and process my thoughts very logically with nothing clouding any thoughts . My conversing was clear and calculated. I was able to absorb reality and emotions with insight and clarity and incredible positive outlook. it was like that Nirvana song, I guess im just happy now..

Physically I no longer felt any pain in my shoulder.
There is no odor to the patch and it is not uncomfortable to wear at all. Exellent bonding , never peeled away. Im tellin you these are the fuckin BOMB!

@basement bob / Im so sorry to hear about your fiancé. my heart goes out to you. Wish I could help. if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I would deeply appreciate information on where to obtain these patches at a more compassionate price., thanks bob!!
@Ambre I really appreciate you taking your time to go into such great detail giving my your suggestions, they do help me understand the sophisticated process involved. I was worried about that. I will do more research but it seems like something im going to need a lot of help with. peace!

@McDank I will do a closer time check tomorrow but I believe it took about 30 minutes.
@Medusa YEAH! they won at the cup, so cool! great suggestions.. im super sensitive to medications and this was the perfect dose for me.
Funny thing is.. I used the THC INDICA patch and it felt more like a sativa high in a way for me. This INDICA patch did not help ME with sleep. I went to sleep but woke up in the middle of the night for an hour or so. I still have all the other one to try and I will report back with my findings... if your interested of course.;)

Last edited:
urban1026835

urban1026835

DAT- if these work as well as they do for you then I am sure they will for others as well which makes it even more intriguing to figure out the process so people can have them at an affordable price although I am impressed with the 10 hour window of relief you got from them which is pretty similar I guess to the amount of relief one one get from a gram of top shelf at these prices.

@Medusa did you try yours out that you received at the cup?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If it's entering the blood stream through the skin at a high enough dose to medicate on IMO it either has to be a strong strong topical oil base or maybe a grape alcohol base ? Would grape alcohol ( organic) facilitate absorption into the blood vs an oil ? Where is the farms lab dermatologist ? Lol. Very interesting.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well thats even better :D I believe the first ingredient in that is the actual patch its self? The rest is the medication and delivery system. Complicated to say the least and im sure expensive to replicate..

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Seems like it may be time released over a period of time, whether thats by controlling its absorption rate or by binding the thc (or other active cannabinoids)to an agent that releases them slowly. Really cool shit to me. I was recently blown away by the effectiveness of a topical. Peace

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
After drinking a 4 oz bottle of a medicated coffee drink at the cup and going on a 24 hr overdose NO I will not be trying this The first 8 hrs being non able to hardly move or stand . On the back of this patch it says it's NOT COMPLIANT. Was produced without regulatory oversight for health , safety or efficiency and may be health risk. That right there says was made in a home kitchen by someone with no medical experience . I am glad it has helped Dat. But being a 3 time cancer patient And absent of a kidney , half my colon , femeral artery, jugular vein and reconstructed vena cava to my heart putting something straight to my blood stream is not something I am going to do . I believe there are great ideas out there I will let qualified people come up with the proper dosage. Thangs are getting outta hand will stick with good old smoking weed.

urban1026835

urban1026835

After drinking a 4 oz bottle of a medicated coffee drink at the cup and going on a 24 hr overdose NO I will not be trying this The first 8 hrs being non able to hardly move or stand . On the back of this patch it says it's NOT COMPLIANT. Was produced without regulatory oversight for health , safety or efficiency and may be health risk. That right there says was made in a home kitchen by someone with no medical experience . I am glad it has helped Dat. But being a 3 time cancer patient And absent of a kidney , half my colon , femeral artery, jugular vein and reconstructed vena cava to my heart putting something straight to my blood stream is not something I am going to do . I believe there are great ideas out there I will let qualified people come up with the proper dosage. Thangs are getting outta hand will stick with good old smoking weed.
Wow was unaware and now wish someone who has access to proper labs would run run through some tests and make sure there is no opiate/opiode or any other poison in there

Latest posts

Top Bottom