Transition feeding

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

Hi guys! Hope everyone is doing well! So I’m working with four plants in a 4x4 tent using the hybrid lighting method (wondering if it’s worth it), and I just flipped them 3 days ago.. this is my first hydro run and I absolutely love it so far! But I do need some help.. so being in their transition period I went with even parts of Flora Series 3 part solution not higher or lower on N, P or K yet.. I’ve been reading a lot about transition feeding and I’d love some advice. Some growers keep the same amount of N in the beginning and then up the P & K in week 3... some are even parts (what I did), and some are boosting right away... I went with what I felt was the “safe route”, but my plants haven’t ate in 2 days! I understand this is a critical stretch period and I don’t want them losing out on account of me screwing this part up! Lol.. here are pics in different lighting.. all advice is welcome😊thank you!

Transition feeding
Transition feeding 2
Transition feeding 3
Transition feeding 4
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Plants look fantastic!

I dont switch to a bloom ratio nute any more. I get better results sticking wih a grow nute and simply taper the strength off as the flowers ripen.

The plants dont actually change their needs as much as the nutrient companies want us to think.

But if you insist on a pk heavy bloom product i always waited at least 2 weeks before switching off the grow as they are still growing leaves and branches.

Diane11

Diane11

Plants look fantastic!

I dont switch to a bloom ratio nute any more. I get better results sticking wih a grow nute and simply taper the strength off as the flowers ripen.

The plants dont actually change their needs as much as the nutrient companies want us to think.

But if you insist on a pk heavy bloom product i always waited at least 2 weeks before switching off the grow as they are still growing leaves and branches.
Thanks so much @MIMedGrower !!
Oh okay! that makes sense.. pretty much keeping things as they’ve been and tapering off on grow.. I would definitely feel a lot better where my nutes were at before than at the equal parts that they’re at now. Them girls are hangry!! Lol I appreciate your time and advice😊

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is an interview with the president of dyna grow. He shares his lab testing for cannabis nutrient content.

He admits he sells the bloom bottle due to customer demand and not plant science.

He is a hypocrite as he now sells a starter pack with every bottle as “all you need” but the info in the interview is priceless.

Diane11

Diane11

Here is an interview with the president of dyna grow. He shares his lab testing for cannabis nutrient content.

He admits he sells the bloom bottle due to customer demand and not plant science.

He is a hypocrite as he now sells a starter pack with every bottle as “all you need” but the info in the interview is priceless.

Wow interesting, thank you! I had no idea.. about to listen to it now.. appreciate this!!

Diane11

Diane11

Wow, what a great interview! So very informative, loads of info this guy.. can’t believe he says calcium is more important than nitrogen and potassium combined, and all that great info on silica.. so very glad I asked for help! Thanks a bunch!!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beautiful plants indeed! I do similar to what Michigan said, and I did use GH Flora Trio for years but not now

what I do now is run 20-20-20 for the first month (+/-) of bloom, but at a stronger PPM then in veg

then a blend of 20 20 20 + 10 30 20 and if they're going to be around a while longer, and because I like the fade when I finish a plant I might finish them up with just 10-30-20 for no more than two weeks

but normally I finish the last 7-10 days with a lower, tapering-off dose,

the main thing is feed the hell out of them during the stretch, and don't drop your nitrogen too soon, or they'll yellow and start dropping leaves before they're finished

.. so to answer your question, the so-called transition to bloom ratio your feeding now is fine.

you could maintain that up until the last few weeks if you want

at that point you can switch to the recommended Bloom ratio or even start a flush (which is a different topic) but basically what you're doing is fine, best wishes!

Diane11

Diane11

Beautiful plants indeed! I do similar to what Michigan said, and I did use GH Flora Trio for years but not now

what I do now is run 20-20-20 for the first month (+/-) of bloom, but at a stronger PPM then in veg

then a blend of 20 20 20 + 10 30 20 and if they're going to be around a while longer, and because I like the fade when I finish a plant I might finish them up with just 10-30-20 for no more than two weeks

but normally I finish the last 7-10 days with a lower, tapering-off dose,

the main thing is feed the hell out of them during the stretch, and don't drop your nitrogen too soon, or they'll yellow and start dropping leaves before they're finished

View attachment 872939

.. so to answer your question, the so-called transition to bloom ratio your feeding now is fine.

you could maintain that up until the last few weeks if you want

at that point you can switch to the recommended Bloom ratio or even start a flush (which is a different topic) but basically what you're doing is fine, best wishes!
Thanks so much for the compliment and for the info @Beachwalker !! It feels good to have a couple of different people confirm that how I’m feeding my babies is okay 😊 I do see that there are no exact ways to feed in flower and that everyone does it differently and that’s assuring too lol.. I just want to give them what they actually need, so I could try to keep it at a minimum and not just throw stuff in the mix because that’s the thing to do or what the chart says to do lol. Yeah I admit I’ve been doing it that way all the time I grew in soil though, but hydro is just so completely different and I really wanna know exactly what I’m doing and why😉 Your guys’ advice means the world to me, thank you!
The interview with the president of Dyna gro that @MIMedGrower posted is amazing!! Thanks again to both you guys!! I truly do appreciate it😊

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks so much for the compliment and for the info @Beachwalker !! It feels good to have a couple of different people confirm that how I’m feeding my babies is okay 😊 I do see that there are no exact ways to feed in flower and that everyone does it differently and that’s assuring too lol.. I just want to give them what they actually need, so I could try to keep it at a minimum and not just throw stuff in the mix because that’s the thing to do or what the chart says to do lol. Yeah I admit I’ve been doing it that way all the time I grew in soil though, but hydro is just so completely different and I really wanna know exactly what I’m doing and why😉 Your guys’ advice means the world to me, thank you!
The interview with the president of Dyna gro that @MIMedGrower posted is amazing!! Thanks again to both you guys!! I truly do appreciate it😊
I looked right at your pictures and then I answered your question for soil ?! LOL I haven't grown in Hydro since the 90s so forget everything I said, I'm not focused today my damn hot water heater died in the middle of a shower this afternoon and I'm not too happy, service tech coming in the morning=$$$! :/ ..your plants are beautiful, keep it up!

Diane11

Diane11

I looked right at your pictures and then I answered your question for soil ?! LOL I haven't grown in Hydro since the 90s so forget everything I said, I'm not focused today my damn hot water heater died in the middle of a shower this afternoon and I'm not too happy, service tech coming in the morning=$$$! :/ ..your plants are beautiful, keep it up!
😂😂 That’s okay!! I have one soil tent and one hydro tent right now.. and actually getting to know my nutrients a lot better is helping me feed better in soil too, so all the info is helpful! I’m so sorry about what happened this morning! I hope he gets it all taken care of tomorrow.

Top Bottom