Transitioning from coco to organic soil

• Thread starter Lowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lowbuds

Lowbuds

Hey, looking for any advice before I drop my ladies into this mix I just made.

50 liters coco
35liters rec
40liters perlite
.5 cup humate powder
3cups kelp meal
4 cups of an inoculate fungi type product
2 cups dolimite lime
3 cups bone and blood meal
5 cups guano, phosphorus type
.5 cups diatomaceous earth.

I buffered and charged the coco before mixing, then mixed this with fox farm ocean forest to buffer anything I missed. Any input appreciated, looking to drop 3 week olds in tomorrow.

V

Vondank420

Should do the trick. How hot will the N be with that amount of bone and blood meal in that amount of mix?

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

Not sure. Tried to piece together a recipe with stuff I bought without a definite plan. Used a bit less than package says for bone and blood meal. Bag says 15ml/liter for transplanting. I think I used about 3/4 cup per cubic foot. Think that's too much?

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

About to commit to this mix. Hoping someone knows if that's too rich or lacking anything...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Crunch the numbers on it an see. Something I can't help you with since I have no clue what the availability rates and breakdown are with organic nutes also with or without cook time.

Wolfe

Wolfe

You should be fine I think I have done up to 8 cups for 50 liters plus amendments But I also had worm castings in there. I can give you a recipe you don’t have to cook next time if you want. I never cooked mine though so.... Don’t believe the hype.... Oh also I wanted to point out. The amount of amendments should depend on how long you’re planning to grow as well. And size of pot to accommodate of course. Also possible top feed if it needs more. . I’ve been growing super soil about 5 years or longer. Filter your water as well.

A001AABB 9134 4CF9 BEC5 D2C53C1607E7
E375E2BD D597 46E1 B234 4B9B99AD1BB1
FAAE9A72 CACA 4C00 B9DB C0A995DB0DC2
84ABE50A BB5F 4C5D B223 FA1A9D33A4BB
C934738F B7B3 4919 A4BA 69CD30F3349D
F998F5D7 6AB1 4978 99D5 4BA3F41B0318
C33D98B1 F68F 4880 9E6E 65DDA67A22C1
Last edited:
Lowbuds

Lowbuds

Yeah, I whent for it. Mostly setting up for next run. Transplanting into pots that arnt much bigger, so will leave the remainder to cook. Then I'm thinking add amendments to the used, mix it all up and go again. Trying to get away from bottles and all the measuring tablespoons. Would like to just use r.o. water and teas on them.

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

I'd definitely be interested n a recipe or any info I can get. I haven't really figured out exactly how I am going to cycle the soil perpetually.

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

Got a cool mutation, 4 growth points at one node.
There a a few leaves that look like this one, afraid I have mites. That's what kept me from soil for so long. Really hoping I'm wrong. The war begins.

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

Working great. Maybe was a bit N heavy for a re potting mix. No mites, not sure if there were any ever. Treated them because I'm paranoid.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Working great. Maybe was a bit N heavy for a re potting mix. No mites, not sure if there were any ever. Treated them because I'm paranoid.
i figured this would happen,those are some green leaves,id suggest doing a slurry test about now,all those amends you used were pretty stout,id do a slurry to see were you stand right now mate

Lowbuds

Lowbuds

I'm kinda just going by feel, don't have a ppm. N slowed down after streach. Pots are only half this mix. Everything exploded. Might have caused more stretch though

Latest posts

Top Bottom