Transitioning from indoor to outdoor!

• Thread starter HelluvaJC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Hi all! I have a question about transitioning from indoor to outdoor.

I am a newbie grow tent grower who also grows outdoor (different story!). I screwed up and my sativa is way too tall for the grow tent and once I start budding I anticipate problems with my girl getting too close to lighting. It'd almost the case now. Thankfully I have good LEDs.

She is six weeks old and is showing a lot of pre flowers. White Pistils everywhere.

If I throw her outside and start a new in my grow tent will I screw this lovely girl up? She is ready to bud but if I throw her outside in this Southern Ontario (Canada) climate budding won't start for a few months as we are smack dab in Veg time. Can I over veg this plant, in other words?

Any thoughts?

3.5gallon pot
Scott's organic potting mix + organic compost
300w x2 Viparspectra LED grow lights
3x3x6 grow tent
Six weeks old
Temp around 75 constant and RH has been way too high until recently (finally got a dehumidifier for the garage)

Transitioning from indoor to outdoor
Transitioning from indoor to outdoor 2
BudBogart

BudBogart

You can put her outside now and she will veg again until your normal outdoor flower season.

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Good to know! I was not aware of the acclimatization. Is this a sure thing, or precautionary? I already threw one outside earlier the other day and haven't experienced anything yet but we had a week of overcast and low temps.

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Still shade for a couple more days..Umbrella if u must. Also she going to stall.. {I grew a plant outdoor for 2 yrs as an experiment } Get her used to outside and stable for 3 weeks.. Top her again. Thicken her up.

20200606 202305
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You know how many weeks she is to finish? Being sativa if it's a long time you may not make it to the finish before frost up here in Canada. I'm an indoor hydro grower so I'm just putting it out there for consideration. Hopefully it's not an issue

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Anytime a plant is under artificial light it should never just be thrown into the sun. They are right you need several days of shade to acclimate. This is called hardening off.
Otherwise the sun can burn the leaves and really stess the plant out.

Do you know what strain it is? I've grown several early finishing sativas that did fine but some can flower for 16 weeks too. So this would be a good thing to know.

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Hey man thanks for the feedback. No, I don't have any info on the genetics. I have Bruce banner and blueberry kush to be grown in my grow tent once I've experimented on a full cycle.

The plants seem to be fine to be honest but I've taken your guys' advice and put them in shade. Today is the first "hot" day since they've been outside so great timing. Many thanks!!

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

One of my earlier girls sent out. She was maxed out in her previous pots so I transplanted her last night. Just watered her before the pic so still a bit droopy.

IMG 20200609 122015
Spiman2u

Spiman2u

I am a TOPPER lol I hit mine before 3rd set.. Here in Calif we get away with things.

mancorn

mancorn

Still shade for a couple more days..Umbrella if u must. Also she going to stall.. {I grew a plant outdoor for 2 yrs as an experiment } Get her used to outside and stable for 3 weeks.. Top her again. Thicken her up.
Spinman, did you spray paint or brush your pots? Is the paint sticking OK?

4plant

4plant

I think your going to have a hard time re- vegging and then getting through a full flower cycle with a sativa. I’d probably cut the top down to a good height, grab some clones off it pinch the tips and continue flowering in the tent,

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Spinman, did you spray paint or brush your pots? Is the paint sticking OK?
Both . ran out spray went brush. Did it in February 4 rains. I did a chit job and i have been moving them ALOT. So far so good. Why don't they sell them in white? Good catch dude..lol

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Does the white make considerable difference? Never even stopped to consider:)

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

she looks healthy and ready to go out in the beautiful sun!

mancorn

mancorn

Does the white make considerable difference? Never even stopped to consider:)
I've usually have a bunch of the little pots outside early in the season, and some medium ones now, and they‘re freaking baking. I wrap them in news paper, stick em in boxes or a larger pot, and still seems like they're cooking. (I’d use fabric, but the plants are either for someone else or waiting to be sexed and such a pain to up-pot the cloth.) I had painted one years ago, but it just peeled right off when I moved it around (but can’t remember what I did at this point).

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

You know how many weeks she is to finish? Being sativa if it's a long time you may not make it to the finish before frost up here in Canada. I'm an indoor hydro grower so I'm just putting it out there for consideration. Hopefully it's not an issue
what I'm about to say is a pain in the arse but i'ts an idea that does work if your timely. If you can find a dark room for her in the month of July and move her indoors at a set time every nite...same as in the morning for around a 3-4 week period then give her back to mother nature that will HELP GREATLY if your growing that far north. I dont live that far north but i had a nasty frost late Sept. last season and also some plants like the one I'm playing with, super silver haze dont do so well when the temps get in the 40's at night. Just to make a point, I'm already toking on something i started indoors and finished off outside thanks to flu and a back injury that gave me the time...even though i picked it a bit early it was still better than 1/2 the black market here...just a passing thought outside the box

Strawberry420

Strawberry420

I'd wait till after "summer solstice" in your area. Just google it if you don't know. Feed you plant some "protekt" before hand and do it once a week before they go outside and after till your plants seem to thrive in direct sunlight. Also, leave you plant in a place that shade at all hours for a week. If it looks healthy after a week, it's ready for direct sunlight and your yeild will explode. Google "Dyna gro protekt" if your wondering what I'm talking about. It's a silicon based nutrient and it will keep your plant from burning/freezing after the drastic temperature increase. If your in a rush most hydrostores carry it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom