• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Transitioning from veg to flower    tips hints sugggestions

My ladies are 29 Days old from Seed. The plan is to flip them to Flower in probably 4-6 days.

The Tellis net I ordered really sucks. I dont like it. Most likely its the net I ordered. I think the holes may be too large, and they is now why to give it a nice Taut fit. Grrr

Are there any alternatives to using a SCROG net?

I have 4 plants, they larger ones are about 10-11'', the baby plant is about 7''

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 1118492

My ladies are 29 Days old from Seed. The plan is to flip them to Flower in probably 4-6 days.

The Tellis net I ordered really sucks. I dont like it. Most likely its the net I ordered. I think the holes may be too large, and they is now why to give it a nice Taut fit. Grrr

Are there any alternatives to using a SCROG net?

I have 4 plants, they larger ones are about 10-11'', the baby plant is about 7''
Take a look at 3 1/2" trellis knitting. Be careful that is 6" x 6" as well, but with the 3 1/2" I try to place one stem per square. You can zip tie it to the tent frame.

growsince79

growsince79

Take a look at 3 1/2" trellis knitting. Be careful that is 6" x 6" as well, but with the 3 1/2" I try to place one stem per square. You can zip tie it to the tent frame.
Guess it all depends on what you want. I'd rather have fewer big colas than lots of smaller buds. If I want yield 4-6 colas/sqft works for me. Right now I want smaller yield so I have small plants going straight up.

Last edited:
XxHammer

XxHammer

20210428 161951
20210428 161929

Thanks for the ZipTie idea... That definitely made the net a little tighter. I think it will work out. Now I just need the plants to keep doing their growing thing and figure out the best way to use the net

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 1118506View attachment 1118507

Thanks for the ZipTie idea... That definitely made the net a little tighter. I think it will work out. Now I just need the plants to keep doing their growing thing and figure out the best way to use the net
That will work fine, I usually grow the plants taller and they will fall over if I use something with that large of spacing. The 3 1/2" stuff makes it really hard to get the plants out but it saves time over stakes.

XxHammer

XxHammer

So, besides this whole tellis net thing.

What are other hints or tips for transitioning into Flower phase?

This is my very first grow. I have no idea what to expect really. All I have been told is to expect about 8 weeks of Flower time and then they will be ready to Harvest.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I do think the "squares" on the trellis net are too large.... thoughts? They are 6''x6'' squares.... Being completely new to this I dont know if Less is More... but I would have liked more like 4''x4'' squares I think.... But who knows. I may find it best this way.

Anthem

Anthem

So, besides this whole tellis net thing.

What are other hints or tips for transitioning into Flower phase?

This is my very first grow. I have no idea what to expect really. All I have been told is to expect about 8 weeks of Flower time and then they will be ready to Harvest.
First off 8 weeks is really fast, usually around 9 weeks is the minimum. What is your light and how large is your tent. I would recommend at least lollipopping but some do not believe in it. It would mean taking the bottom 1/3 of the growth off the plant for better air flow and avoiding bugs and such down low

XxHammer

XxHammer

What other methods to people use to help support the weight of their plants as they get larger?

Anthem

Anthem

What other methods to people use to help support the weight of their plants as they get larger?
from my experience trellis or staking and tie off each stem. Something you end up with 12 to 16 stakes so that is a pain in the ass but you can still move the plants around. Once they growing into the trellis with small holes you are pretty much locked in so you need to have things on point.

XxHammer

XxHammer

First off 8 weeks is really fast, usually around 9 weeks is the minimum. What is your light and how large is your tent. I would recommend at least lollipopping but some do not believe in it. It would mean taking the bottom 1/3 of the growth off the plant for better air flow and avoiding bugs and such down low

Yeah, I mean I will let them Flower as long as they need to. I am in no rush at all.

My light is a LUXX 315W CMH, ive been satisfied so far.

My Tent is 3.5x3.5x6.5 and I am doing my best to squeeze 4 plants out of her. I have 4 plants and 3 are doing great, 1 is straggling big time but is healthy.

At this point I would like them to get a little taller before doing any more trimming at all.

Is it recommended to Trim/Defoliate right before switching to Flower or better to wait after trim them up AFTER they have had a few days in Flower???

XxHammer

XxHammer

from my experience trellis or staking and tie off each stem. Something you end up with 12 to 16 stakes so that is a pain in the ass but you can still move the plants around. Once they growing into the trellis with small holes you are pretty much locked in so you need to have things on point.

So in this method you would use a Stake to support each heavy branch and not use a Trellis Net at all?

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah, I mean I will let them Flower as long as they need to. I am in no rush at all.

My light is a LUXX 315W CMH, ive been satisfied so far.

My Tent is 3.5x3.5x6.5 and I am doing my best to squeeze 4 plants out of her. I have 4 plants and 3 are doing great, 1 is straggling big time but is healthy.

At this point I would like them to get a little taller before doing any more trimming at all.

Is it recommended to Trim/Defoliate right before switching to Flower or better to wait after trim them up AFTER they have had a few days in Flower???
I would put the plant struggling right in the middle directly under the light so it has a change to catch up, but only if it is healthy.

Anthem

Anthem

So in this method you would use a Stake to support each heavy branch and not use a Trellis Net at all?
Yes you basically have a bunch of stakes and you kind of have to arrange the branches and you tie them with that same material in the produce section for closing off the top of the plastic bags. I try to cut down with out the lights off and it is a pain in the ass. I had to always remember to go righty tiey and legfty lucy so I would not have to mess with undoing the ties any more than I had to. The trellis saves time but it is still a matter of cutting the plants out of the trellis once you get to more plants.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I
Yes you basically have a bunch of stakes and you kind of have to arrange the branches and you tie them with that same material in the produce section for closing off the top of the plastic bags. I try to cut down with out the lights off and it is a pain in the ass. I had to always remember to go righty tiey and legfty lucy so I would not have to mess with undoing the ties any more than I had to. The trellis saves time but it is still a matter of cutting the plants out of the trellis once you get to more plant

Ima put the short one up on bricks too. Hood-style lol

I like this Stake method. I may need to look into it more. Guess it will really depend on how this Net works out.

Anthem

Anthem

I

Ima put the short one up on bricks too. Hood-style lol

I like this Stake method. I may need to look into it more. Guess it will really depend on how this Net works out.
Well stakes suck but do as you like. If you need some PM me. I have a few hundred that need a home. I am not going back to that shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom