Transplanting a photoperiod, and nutrients

• Thread starter Transit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Transit

Hello all,

I will be transplanting my cbd-plant at week 4 into a larger container.

Should I wait until I start seeing deficiencies in the plant, or give nutes after a few days after the plant has settled?

I am a beginner and this will this will be my second grow. First time transplanting.

I have also received conflicting info from two experiences growers. Again, I am a newbie and don't know what's the best option.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

dont transplant stressed plant
give some myco and liquid kelp with transplant if you can
will help plant settle in and spread roots
what nutrients are you using

T

Transit

dont transplant stressed plant
give some myco and liquid kelp with transplant if you can
will help plant settle in and spread roots
what nutrients are you using
Make sure you match to new soil with the original soil for the best results.

Thank you to you lot for your replies. To elaborate further here is what I am using:

Remo CalMag, Micro, Grow, and Bloom. BudBooster. Molasses. And TNB Naturals Ph up/down.
A larger container of what? Most soils have a months worth of npk so no problemo.
I will be transplanting from one container of soil to a larger container of soil.

I also acknowledge your comment with regards to soil having loads of nutrients for a month. Could I give molasses water once a week, Or just wait?

2Bad

2Bad

Thank you to you lot for your replies. To elaborate further here is what I am using:

Remo CalMag, Micro, Grow, and Bloom. BudBooster. Molasses. And TNB Naturals Ph up/down.

I will be transplanting from one container of soil to a larger container of soil.

I also acknowledge your comment with regards to soil having loads of nutrients for a month. Could I give molasses water once a week, Or just wait?
Are they liquid or dry nutrients? And what was ur original soil?

T

Transit

Okay so liquid nutrients you're going to want to start using right away if it's been used for 3-4 weeks.
So that I understand:

At week 4, I'm transplanting into a 5gallon container - I should start with nutrients right away? Or wait 3-4 weeks after I've transplanted into the new container with the new(er) soil?

2Bad

2Bad

So that I understand:

At week 4, I'm transplanting into a 5gallon container - I should start with nutrients right away? Or wait 3-4 weeks after I've transplanted into the new container with the new(er) soil?
I don't think sunshine #4 has any nutrients...I would start right away. Hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong about it having no nutrients.

T

Transit

I don't think sunshine #4 has any nutrients...I would start right away. Hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong about it having no nutrients.
I'm sure someone here can shed some light.

I'm about to finish my first grow, this new plant is the start of my 2nd. Thank you for your input and educating me. :)

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

So that I understand:

dont wait another 3-4 weeks to begin feeding grow nutrients

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So that I understand:

I use a very diluted nutrient mix at transplant. It seems to help reduce transplant shock. I wait for my pot to dry back prior to transplanting. Then, I water enough to wet the soil the plant is in so it slides out of the container a bit easier. I transplant to the larger container and finish the watering and then move to the next plant that needs transplanted. With this method, I only see transplant shock if I got too aggressive and disturbed the root ball during transplant.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm sure someone here can shed some light.

I'm about to finish my first grow, this new plant is the start of my 2nd. Thank you for your input and educating me. :)
I've used Sunshine mix and Its just about the same as Promix. I water/ feed/ water/ feed and if you are transplanting after you've watered then feed during your transplant, at 1 month age I''m giving my girls 3/3/3 ml / gallon of the General hydroponics 3 part nurients I also started using Floralicious about 2 years ago and I like it. I'm also adding Kool Bloom for 3-4 weeks in flower.....

So if the last liquid you gave them was water then this time feed.

You haven't transplanted before? Have you been shown how?

I put and I identical pot the plant is in and place it in the new pot then build the soil around the pot so when you finish you have a hole the same size you are transplanting out of to put the new plant into at the top of the pot.

Squeeze the sides around the pot, all the way around and tap the bottom to release the plant from its pot. I put my hand across the top of the small pots and have the plant between my fingers as I slip it out. Then gently place it in the hole, cover with soil tap in place and feed or water.

The soil; you are going into needs to be pre wet before you put it in the new pot. A - 5 gallon container I'd be adding at least 1 gallon of water to my dry soil/ Sunshine mix #4 before I transplanted into it, then water or feed the plant to seat it in its new home

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

A larger container of what? Most soils have a months worth of npk so no problemo.
depending on rate of nutrient up take normally recommend feeding at the least around week 2 unless super soil

Top Bottom