Transplanting because of crowded plants

• Thread starter Mcprp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mcprp

I have two plants that I started indoors and put out side the third week in April . They were 18 inches high . I spaced them 3 feet apart but they have grown so rapidly and wide that they were crowding each other . They are 5 feet high now and three feet wide . I never thought they would get so bushy without training them . Anyway I decided to move one . I didn’t dig the root ball up as well as I could have so when pulling it from the ground I heard some small roots snapping . It’s transplanted now and I immediately watered it but it’s drooping pretty good . I also put 5 ml.gr. Of voodoo juice with a gallon of water to water it Hoping it would help the roots to reestablish . Do you think it will recover . I put it in a wheelbarrow so I can move it around the yard for best sunlight . The good one is the one it was next to and obviously the other is the droopy one . This picture was taken 1 hour after transplanting.
Transplanting  because of crowded plants
Transplanting  because of crowded plants 2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That's not looking too good. The whole plant may not be dead, but then again...

On the bright side, the other plant has plenty of room!

M

Mcprp

That's not looking too good. The whole plant may not be dead, but then again...

On the bright side, the other plant has plenty of room!
Yeah , but is there any other precautions I can take to help it . Any booster or keep it out of direct sunlight or prune ?

M

Mcprp

Yeah , but is there any other precautions I can take to help it . Any booster or keep it out of direct sunlight or prune ?
I’ve often thought that the roots no matter what care you take do not like seeing direct sunlight . I was told a long time ago that it was better to transplant at night for that reason but I didn’t heed !

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, keep it out of direct sunlight and water the fuck out of it.

M

Mcprp

I’ve often thought that the roots no matter what care you take do not like seeing direct sunlight . I was told a long time ago that it was better to transplant at night for that reason but I didn’t heed !
I guess I’ll know in about three days . Lol !

M

Mcprp

This was the two plants together . I can’t believe how bushy they got .
5B652F98 9A52 4225 81E2 E422EA86BFAE

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I am one of the most hardened, anti-religious, fanatics there is. But even I would be tempted to classify that as a miracle! L O L

M

Mcprp

Well , like I said , I mixed 5 ml.gr. Of voodoo juice with 1 gallon of water and watered the hell out of it and took it out of direct sunlight . Maybe if not anything else someone can learn from this . Lol ! But I agree ! I think the sun was its worst enemy though after being stressed . Thanks , who ever gave me that information ! I’ll post future pictures of its recovery ! It’s still not 100% but it’s on its way ! I thought it was dead ! Lol !

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
L O L. You better not just let it die in that wheelbarrow or I promise I’ll come looking for you! L O L

M

Mcprp

L O L. You better not just let it die in that wheelbarrow or I promise I’ll come looking for you! L O L
LOL ! No but that’s where it lives from now on . I can position it in my yard for best sun . Plenty of dirt !

Top Bottom