transplanting from inside to outside.. need help

• Thread starter ODanksta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ODanksta

Hey guys I've been growing for a couple of years now and I have had many of successful grows under my belt. I just bred Jack Herer with Comrade x Blue Apollo. I germed the seeds and have been in veg for 3 weeks now and are about 1.5 feet tall under a 600 hps and 400 MH for 24 hours a day and I am ready to stick them outside. My question is, If they have been in veg under 24 hours then won't they just flower out as soon as I stick them outside? And how do I prevent this from happening? I have everything from newly rooted clones and sprouted seeds, 3 week old sturdy vegged plants and moms I don't want to start playing with light hours and fuck up every thing in there.. your input would be very helpful thanks guys

B

Bloodline

Your larger plants MIGHT show some preflowers, but that is the extent. Wherever you are, if there are enough daylight hours to vegetate, it shouldn't flower.

I would setup the seedlings so that it gets shade a couple more hours a day than the bigger kids, but that really depends on your temps. Not so much the daylight.

P

Pot Boy

Be sure to harden them off by giving them indirect sun light or they will get a sun burn and set them back a few weeks. i would say its a bit early in the season to put them outside I would wait another month.

P

pure arghan

24hr light is good when going out side

if i was you i would put them out just when the sun is setting, this way the plant gets used to sun light without them getting a little shock and setting them back, i always veg mine on 24hr light before putting them outside cos it then takes them about 2 weeks before they start to hair (depends on the plant) but if i want them to flower sooner i give them 24hrs darkness before putting them out side, this makes them hair within a week, hope this helps, good luck with all your grows :flower

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Put them on 18/6 and don't put them out until at least May 1st when it is 14/10 outside. That would be roughly 3 weeks from now. That might cut you short on time to sort out the males. If the seedlings are 3 weeks old now they probably won't reveal sex for 3 or 4 weeks. I would keep them on 18/6 until they reveal sex and after May 1. I would say May 15th would be perfect. There will be more than 14 hours light and you will have killed off the males. The seedlings will not flower and you won't waste time on males. Even if you used female seeds you still would be better off do to hours of light.

You also need to consider frost. You should put them outside after the last frost date. You should also harden them off to the sun. I like planting on cloudy, rainy couple day periods. Then they can go right in the ground.

M

MedDudeChcioCA

IMO you can even go down to 16/8 the week before they go outside.

T

T1420

They might want to flower, but their internal clocks will tell them to grow, if it goes to far into flower it will branch severly, but will neverless grow:sun

Top Bottom