Transplanting from Soil to Coco.

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VapeIt

Someone gave me 2 nice cuts in 5" square pots with Fox Farms Soil. I have never used soil and am more familiar with Coco. All my other plants are in Coco.

Can I transplant these into Coco? Should I wait for them to dry out and remove as much soil as I can without damaging the roots?

They are @ 6" tall now.

Any advice is needed - as detailed as possible.
Thanks for any help.

S

swisscheese

Transplant into coco and ph around 6 if you're worried about it but it's a smooth transition in my opinion and you shouldn't have anything to really worry about at all.

V

VapeIt

Thanks everyone. I was worried that the Soil around the existing roots would not like the Coco food for the next couple of months. I will just do it.

Thank you.

S

sfzoo

I did the same sort of xplant..although, i went from Roots Organics soiless(peatbased) mix into pure coco. I was worried about the soil vs coco density and its water holding capacity...thus, leading to inconsistencies within the medium.

Working so far.

O

organicfreak

lol this goes against all logic I know,but I do this all the time..
I find good deals on big bitches,but ive even done it on clones...

I remove pot from plant set rootball on a rubermaid lid an i bust out garden hose i remove almost ALL SOIL like high 90% and then transplant in coco...

I use to have problems untill I fixed my coco..
I flush adjustph to 5.8 and let the coco sit in a calmag bath 750 ppms for 24hrs. OR BUY THE EXPENSIVE CANNA READY TO GO..

Anyways I'VE LOST ZERO transplanting this way now I fixed my coco..

plants take off in a week..

Imho I hate soil and love coco so it's worth it to me.. UP 2 U..

O

O

organicfreak

also imho coco has optimum ph @ 5.8 growth slows over 6.2 and 6.5 and above death is imminent..

L

Leif

I am new to this group so not really sure how this all works but anyways my problem is how or is it possible to transfer my plants that are in 1 gal and 3 gal pots of coco to a soil mix

Latest posts

Top Bottom