Transplanting soil plants into coco??

• Thread starter kes5480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kes5480

can i transplant soil plants into coco? i figured the small ones in solo cups i could but wasnt sure about 5"pots or the one gal nursery pots,??????
im new to this so bear with me...lol
thank
peace

K

kes5480

by the way the soil plants will be getting transplanted into either 3 or 5 gallon pots of Botanicare Coco no cut.

M

magick81

I recently transplanted my soil chemdogs into coco. They took off shortly after. Check out my grOw log. One thing I was told to be careful with, is to get as much soil off the roots. Otherwise it'll mess up your ph and even nute levels.

After removing them from their old pots, I gently showered the rootball with a hose on shower setting, helps to get most of the soil out.
Others told me it was a nono, but my plants were fine :)
Only thing that ailed them was some heatstress. A little hard to avoid with Aussie summer just around the corner, but I hope to conquer that hurdle very soon :)

true grit

true grit

Two options:

1. If rootbound just drop in coco and start feeding (if not rootbound, sometime feed required for coco is a bit much off the bat with whats left in the soil)

2. Gently work the rootmass until most of the soil is out then drop in.

For a while I was vegging in 1g soil pots and transplanting to 5g of smart pots coco. Never had an issue, some i would shake soil out others not. Now i recycle all my coco so i make sure to remove excess soil.

I also prefer to use Root Excel off the bat when doing transplants like that (especially shakin out dirt) so they get a lil boost to take off. Haven't used the NoShock stuff, but sounds logical for situations like that too.

M

magick81

From now on, all my grows will be started in coco, that way when its time to transplant, I can just drop it in without worrying about getting the soil out

K

kes5480

[i just switched to coco and i have 10 clones in keg cups of soil. when they are ready 2transplant i wanted to make sure i would be ok putting them into 3 or 5gallon pots of Coco. I will remove as much soil as i can, tryin not to shock my girls. Also i will be using House and Garden nute line up.

ps Im just gonna leave my soil plants that are currently in1gallon pots in soil when i transplant..plus it will give me less plants in coco to learn with, so i think thats a good idea since i am a coco virgin.lol
thanks ya'll for the help.
peace
kes5480:banana1sv6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom