TransPlanting ??? thxs

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

Whats going on farmers, Well got a question for any body thats willing to share there opinion on this question. All right on to the question, I have been wanting to know the reason behind transplanting. I will be using Fox Farm light warrior with a mix of O.F. and perlite to start off the seeds. The size of the pot to start the seeds off in is really throwing me off. And then how long to keep them in the 1st pot a till there moved to the 2nd pot ??? I have a real small box man I'm talking 3'x7'x3' (W)x(H)x(L). I would like to start about 15 or so seeds hoping for about nine girls. I will been L.S.T. the girls that are in the box strain unknown at this time. I was looking into stating them out in some 16oz keg cups then I'm lost after that lol. I'm looking into finally putting them into a 2 gallon trash cans to finish the the girls in. Any help on this would be great , I need to know whats the best way to let the plant grow and what is the best way to go about it meaning the Size of the pot thats the plant is in.

I Have put a pic of the box which the plants will be in and also a pic of the trash can that I will use for the finally pot Size two gallon , Also will I have to paint the trash cans black or will the light mess up the soil if the trash can is allowing light into the soil well thanks for the help hope that you guys understand what I'm asking here. Well any ways right on for the help man take care farmers. peace

W

woody420

Well I will be back later man time to hit the sack and dream about the 2009 miss high times pageant that I will be missing lol. February 21-24 Negril Jamaica Thats the days that I will be dreaming about tonight. Well can't wait to read the farms opinion on this question I have high hopes that the farm will lead me the right way . Take care farmers have a green night.

W

woody420

I was thinking could I go from the keg cups 16oz then straight into the 2gallon trash cans ??? Thanks for the help farmers catch you later.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I go from the 16 oz cups into 1 or 2 gallon pots and right into flower

W

woody420

Cool thanks zoolander so your saying just veg them in the 16 oz cups for how long atill there moved to the 2 gallon pot man . I'm looking to L.S.T. them to good idea ?? So would I want to start L.S.T. them in a 16oz cup or will that be to hard??? Should I wait atill there in the 2 gallon pots to start the L.S.T. kinda think it would be hard to start the L.S.T. in the 16oz cups but I could be wrong thanks for your time zoolander later

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I veg them to 10 to 12 inches in the cups and it's a breeze to LST them in the cups . Take and poke a hole about 1 inch down from the top of the cup and then get some yarn and tie a semi loose not abot 3 nodes from the top of the plant now take the other end of your yarn and run it through the holea nd slowly bend the plant by pulling the yarn through that hole , when the plant is bent where ya want it tie it in a knot . You want to make sure those small side branches are exposed to the new light from your LST . I'm gping into my room in a few and I'll look for a tester plant and snap some pix for ya:rock

P

Potorlando

Woody, you're space isn't that small. Good height actually. I see your ventilation ideas for the lower portion of the box... but what about the upper. What light you gonna use? 250W or 400W. Winter you'll be fine, but summer watch the heat. You're gonna want to move them into the 2 gallon pots with all the fresh nutes right before flower. 12" should be fine but if you can take a peek at the roots, just wait till the there are lots of roots exposed, then transplant.

W

woody420

Thanks guys great info, some pics would be great zoolander thanks again, Hey potorlando I have not yet got the time to take the drive to grab my lights and the inline and the filter I will be using a 400watt cooltube 6in hooked up to a 424cfm inline fan going into my 6in filter bro. Thanks too potorando take care farmers

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Here ya go brother and sorry this is not my best plant but it's all I have at the moment to do this with so fast . This is a Pre 98 Bubba . Yhe first pic is the Grape Romulan and that's about as big as ya want to take them in the cups . That plant has about 8 to 10 clones on her right now .

M2
M5
M6
M7
M8
W

woody420

Hey Zoolander great pics man just what I was looking for thanks man damn the farm is great lol. Well take care bro catch you around zoo

hubcap

hubcap

i start in trays, or flats, with either coco or promix.
even used uncut FFOF and didnt burn anything.
but i prefer coco or promix.
trays, for me, make it alot easier to move alot of plants, easily, at one time, and it also allows me an extra step to 'weed out' deadbeats and non performers.
moving alot of keg cups gets to be tedious....for me....cuz i use varied veg containers, so, my lil ones move around more than most people's would....

after they take hold and show some vigor in the trays....
THEN xplant into the keg cups....
once they get to a desired size, and roots occupy a good majority of the soil in the cups....THEN transplant into final pots.
this will, generally, make a more healthy and vigorous plant.

there are different methods when it comes to xplanting....
full transplant...
cutting bottoms of pots and burying the bottom into a larger pot...(alla BOG)

etc etc etc .....

it all comes down to what works for you.
just wanted to toss out s'more ideas fer ya to digest.

-hu bcap-

W

woody420

Thanks for your post hubcap, All the help I can get the better take care

Top Bottom