Transporting pounds of weed in Ontario

• Thread starter savagemonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
savagemonk

savagemonk

I don’t have a license to cultivate commercially or for medical patients. In Ontario Canada people can grow 4 plants for personal use at their residence. Owner of the residence must grow, unless they are unable and are a medical patient. I want to buy cheap land and grow 4 monster trees.
Will parking a trailer, building a log cabin, having a camp ground or an RV make the land a residence?
How do I transport pounds of weed from my rural residence to my urban residence if the law allows only 30 g public possession?
I just want to move my weed from one residence to another. Am I forced to make 100 trips to move 1 ounce at a time!?

Would extracting all the weed into rosin and moving it discretely be the safest option?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I don’t have a license to cultivate commercially or for medical patients. In Ontario Canada people can grow 4 plants for personal use at their residence. Owner of the residence must grow, unless they are unable and are a medical patient. I want to buy cheap land and grow 4 monster trees.
Will parking a trailer, building a log cabin, having a camp ground or an RV make the land a residence?
How do I transport pounds of weed from my rural residence to my urban residence if the law allows only 30 g public possession?
I just want to move my weed from one residence to another. Am I forced to make 100 trips to move 1 ounce at a time!?

Would extracting all the weed into rosin and moving it discretely be the safest option?
I’d rather risk transporting it all at once than wasting my precious time transporting an ounce at a time. There’s always risk involved. Double bag it and throw it in the trunk with some other stuff and vamanos. As long as you’re not crossing any borders or DUI check points you should be smooth sailing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
don’t be paranoid, i was put in the backseat of a cop car while they searched it, found nothing, because i had a pound of hash under my shirt and in the waist of my jeans,
another close call..
you’ll be fine.
you know the area,,
cops travel there much? see people pulled over much along the way?

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

The term they use is "ordinary residence", but as long as you own the property you can grow on it, even if you don't live there... same goes for personal producers of medical.. here is the exact quote off section 5a of the form

"I, the applicant, am applying to produce cannabis plants: at my ordinary place of residence (if selected, skip to section 7) at a site other than my ordinary place of residence, as given here in Section 5"

Here is the link as well https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/h...cal-purposes/personal-production-form-eng.pdf

( I know its for medical but the only difference is the number of plants)... also FYI storage limits are now ungoverned, but there are still limits on public possession amounts ( I believe)

1stonedman

1stonedman

How are you going to process all the weed you grow at this undeveloped land? Where will you get water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

May want to call local law enforcement and pose the question. I mean you could always mail for next to nothing. Canads post sells packages for it. Might cost you like $2 an oz but no limit on packages lol. Buy a bunch of en put stamps on and toss each individual in the mail.

1stonedman

1stonedman

May want to call local law enforcement and pose the question. I mean you could always mail for next to nothing. Canads post sells packages for it. Might cost you like $2 an oz but no limit on packages lol. Buy a bunch of en put stamps on and toss each individual in the mail.

Solid advice.

Also having a friend who is an attorney is pretty baller.

I've known a few attorneys, I've on several occassions received free council and advice.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man, just put the damn weed Into vacuum sealed bags in a suitcase and dont drive like an idiot.

I cant tell you how many thousands of pounds I've cruised around with in the trunk of a car, in the tires of cars, in boats, on planes.. just dont stand out.

1stonedman

1stonedman

Man, just put the damn weed Into vacuum sealed bags in a suitcase and dont drive like an idiot.

I cant tell you how many thousands of pounds I've cruised around with in the trunk of a car, in the tires of cars, in boats, on planes.. just dont stand out.

Real deep culture there. Respect old school.

I'm a second generation dope boy myself.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Thx for the replies guys.
How are you going to process all the weed you grow at this undeveloped land? Where will you get water?
Land has to be near water or have a river or lake on it. I almost bought land an hour drive south of Timmins Ontario this month. 87 acres, dirt road access, river flowing adjacent on north side for $35k. That’s $200 monthly mortgage with 7 k down payment and $1100 annual property tax. Downside is 1 month shorter growing season compared to southern Ontario and its 8 hour drive from Toronto

savagemonk

savagemonk

Paint buckets from Kent with the rubber seals, they hold a few unvac pounds and are smell proof 😉. Be sober, don't speed, wear your seatbelt, and stay cool. 😎
I like your suggestion! I could also pretend to be a handyman that did a paint job. Top up the paint buckets with paint. And to explain weed smell for the unlikely event of a K9 Unit I could have a legal government weed package laying around as a decoy. Possibly opened but lid on, in a bag and out of reach of the driver. So Officer thinks that’s what the dog smells.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Seems clever and legal! So let me get this straight. It is legal to mail no more than an ounce. I am growing legally. Say I need to mail 100 separate packages of ounces to myself at a different address. Am I mailing 1 ounce per day?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I like your suggestion! I could also pretend to be a handyman that did a paint job. Top up the paint buckets with paint. And to explain weed smell for the unlikely event of a K9 Unit I could have a legal government weed package laying around as a decoy. Possibly opened but lid on, in a bag and out of reach of the driver. So Officer thinks that’s what the dog smells.
You are really overthinking this man. When was the last time you were pulled over and had your trunk searched in Canada?
The odds are so infinitely small... But truthfully if you're this paranoid about it, if you do get pulled over, they will probably suspect you are hiding something based on your demeanor.
The only reason they will go looking is if you drive or act suspiciously. Just dont do that.

I've crossed the Canada US border hundreds of times with stuff I shouldnt have. And the reason I got away with it every time was because I was confident the odds were in my favor.

You will be fine.

Lol, you would have died the time we took over 300lb to Vancouver in a major winter storm in a 26 foot sailboat lol...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seems clever and legal! So let me get this straight. It is legal to mail no more than an ounce. I am growing legally. Say I need to mail 100 separate packages of ounces to myself at a different address. Am I mailing 1 ounce per day?
I agree with @Dirtbag On this but if you are worried about it just go buy a bunch of stamps and packages. Put 30 gram in each and take them all to the closest mail box and drop em in. The only risk is how far the mailbox is and its not likely to be an issue.

If your really curious just call the police and ask them is there a legal way to transport it to your residence.

In the end i think the cops have much bigger issues to deal with and its highly unlikely you would even be stopped.

savagemonk

savagemonk

You are really overthinking this man. When was the last time you were pulled over and had your trunk searched in Canada?
The odds are so infinitely small... But truthfully if you're this paranoid about it, if you do get pulled over, they will probably suspect you are hiding something based on your demeanor.
The only reason they will go looking is if you drive or act suspiciously. Just dont do that.

I've crossed the Canada US border hundreds of times with stuff I shouldnt have. And the reason I got away with it every time was because I was confident the odds were in my favor.

You will be fine.

Lol, you would have died the time we took over 300lb to Vancouver in a major winter storm in a 26 foot sailboat lol...
Wow, cool story. Sail boats are awesome. I’ve never been in one yet.
Ive never been pulled over also. Yes good driving and not being intoxicated or tired. Probably best to drive day time and also have a newish car. Clean on the inside, no stickers on the outside. Something that blends in the most to the average vehicle on the road.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I agree with @Dirtbag On this but if you are worried about it just go buy a bunch of stamps and packages. Put 30 gram in each and take them all to the closest mail box and drop em in. The only risk is how far the mailbox is and its not likely to be an issue.

If your really curious just call the police and ask them is there a legal way to transport it to your residence.

In the end i think the cops have much bigger issues to deal with and its highly unlikely you would even be stopped.

FWIW, I mail ounces all the time to my brothers in bubble mailers and it works out to $22 shipping per ounce. Mailing pounds ounce by ounce would get expensive.

Top Bottom