Trees bearing grapes. WTF

• Thread starter Golden Zia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Golden Zia

Golden Zia

So this is the second time with this issue, third grow with this system.
Grow #1 went off ok, not great but ok. +/-1.3 potato per site.
Grow #2 and now week 3.5 into grow #3

Current system design: UDWC with Areo root halo, 1800 gph. 20 gl. round cans, Straight line configured, 5site, 40"on centers 1k per site. Eye Super HPS
Veg period: 5weeks
H20 temp: 66F
PPM: 250 to 360 maxing @ 420 :)
Nutes & additives: Humboldt county's own, Micro, Grow Bloom, Mag Pro, Hygrozyme,
Environment conditions: Day Temp 79 RH 50 Night Temp 65 RH 6o C02 ambient +/- 380
Envelope: 10' x 30' x 9'

Overall plant(s) health appears fine.
Trunks are eye catching +/- 2.5"diameter.
Top(s) quantity ranges from 8-20 plus.
Varieties include: Blue Dream, Sour D. Blackberry Kush, An unknown Ganni cross.

THE PROBLEM!!!
Now at week 3.5 flowers look like you might expect around day 12
Trich output is not as affected as flower mass but is still affected.
Aroma is not really affected.
Stacking also seems normal.

Yes, I will post pics. but needed to get this started now. Much love and appreciation to my fellow farmers. Thank you in advance.

powerplant

powerplant

Night time temps maybe to low with to much fluctuation in between Day/Night temps. You want them to be as close as possible to same temp day and night...with only 10 degrees of fluctuation... 79 Day/69-70 Night

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

Night time temps maybe to low with to much fluctuation in between Day/Night temps. You want them to be as close as possible to same temp day and night...with only 10 degrees of fluctuation... 79 Day/69-70 Night
Thank you powerplant. I Thought of that but, I've ran that day/night temp/rh combo for years. Only draw back Ive seen with it has been occasional bolting on Sat dom or pure Sat strains.

J

Jalisco Kid

What do you think you are feeding them, do you have an idea of what your ratios are, what ppm's you are running with N-P-K-Ca.-Mg.
My low ppm in flower is around 300 ppm just for K. Dman and some of his crew I remember were running really low ppms but they never mentioned wanting trees. JK
I would get a heater for some improvement.

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

What do you think you are feeding them, do you have an idea of what your ratios are, what ppm's you are running with N-P-K-Ca.-Mg.
My low ppm in flower is around 300 ppm just for K. Dman and some of his crew I remember were running really low ppms but they never mentioned wanting trees. JK
I would get a heater for some improvement.

I am starting to think that it could be just a simple as they need more food. What are your veg ppm looking like? I ran these around 250 through veg and they even dipped into below 200 here and there. Perhaps going for more tree profile I could have stacked more P before flipping as well. I changed the programing on the AC for night temps to sit at 69. Thats only a 4 degree increase but I'm game. I did not mention that I am running about 80% RO and 20% well H2O for this reason I am hoping to get away with out using any Ca-Mg I do have a Mg only supplement if I see any def there, but Ca seems to be available enough through the well water.

J

Jalisco Kid

I run my veg up to 850 ppm conv .5 flower I run 1050-1150 and bump it a few times to 1400 ppms. Have your well water tested and stop guessing. What is the ppm of your well water?

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

I run my veg up to 850 ppm conv .5 flower I run 1050-1150 and bump it a few times to 1400 ppms. Have your well water tested and stop guessing. What is the ppm of your well water?

Agreed on guessing! Water from well ranges seasonally, but typically around 180-200. I have had it tested twice in the past 4 years.
I am not sure what nutes you are feeding but those ppms are obviously fine with that line. I love it.

As indicated I am leaning towards underfed.However no real defs. showing up. A tiny bit of K def but thats it. Maybe with roots of this mass and trees in the 5'dia range x 4.5' to 5' tall they are just big fast processing machines. In an average 24 hr period each line will gobble up 10 to 15 gallons total system solution s around 100 gl and drop ppms anywhere from 60 to over 100. Ph remains stable for about 10 days then I dump about 90% of the solution and re-supply with fresh supply of nutes that have been premixed for 24hrs or more.. Each day the system is manually fed a premixed amount to replace what was lost in the previous 24hrs. Ph, and ppm specific of course.
In that past I have always ran a resi. but working on something this time forced me to go caveman. So thats why the use of manual nute level management. I suppose it will not make significant improvement at this point but perhaps I can try to push one of the systems up to 100% of its current ppm over the next few days.
Whatcha think?

Oh I forgot to mention this is a mix of Blue Dream, Blackberry Kush, SourD but the Blue dream looks night and day different then everything else. Full and well.. normal looking. Since I am not familiar with BD does she just require way less but still delivers?

J

Jalisco Kid

The BD I had a while back ate off those ppms, That Sour D is the same. I only ran the blackberry once, if a strain is finicky it's one and done.
Underfed people look the same just smaller.
Since you are doing this manually fed 1 plant 100 ppms more daily till you hit 1000 ppm's. I you see a difference well you know you are making it better or worse. I would bet you will see a difference towards the better. JK
So what did your water analysis say?

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

The BD I had a while back ate off those ppms, That Sour D is the same. I only ran the blackberry once, if a strain is finicky it's one and done.
Underfed people look the same just smaller.
Since you are doing this manually fed 1 plant 100 ppms more daily till you hit 1000 ppm's. I you see a difference well you know you are making it better or worse. I would bet you will see a difference towards the better. JK
So what did your water analysis say?
I will have to dig the reports out. As I recall my biggest concern at the time was the soluble silicates

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

how things coming along?
CM- Thanks for asking,
Finished at about 60% of what I would consider an absolute minimum. So I guess came along, but disappointedly so.
I stepped up ppms overall, but I think I could or should have loaded a good bit more P before flipping. I think between slow flower set, and under developed flower mass overall I simply underfed.
Also in the tissue development there is that lacking of real density. The flower seams solid in structure and appearance, but not on the cellular level. Example: softwood vs. hardwood. However, they had good trunk development, good canopy development, good trik production, great aroma and flav.
Overall fine otherwise two of the SD showed N def. by week 5 so.. again another confirm to underfed. I added to the "show your trunks" a shot of one of the BD ladies. Im shooting for hardwood this round. Yes I just said that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom