Trees & Mold After Harvest

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

I want to dry my trees in my barn loft which often gets pretty warm even in October on sunny days. I'm wanting to wait until around Halloween to harvest- at least until I see a handful of amber trichomes. Right now I'm about 30% milky white and 70% clear. The worry is that rain is in the forecast. As long as I see some warm sun after the rain I'll wait it out, but what if I see extended cold & wet? So I'm wondering, do trees do better with mold after harvest than smaller plants? It seems like most of what I read assumes indoor, but that is really different from outdoor trees. I'll be able to shake them off vigorously and keep the air moving. How much should I worry? THANKS!

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

If you don't have one already i'd invest in a dehumidifier and possibly a controller for it. Even the consumer-grade ones aren't necessarily cheap but if you factor in potential losses to mold it should pay for itself.

str8smokn

str8smokn

But rain will probably go thru ,but it's some protection.
STR8

The Humanure

The Humanure

you could always get a twister or another trimmer. wacks out all moisture and drys fast = no mold.
You can cure at your own pace in 5 gallon buckets. Iv had a dry room shoot up 100F and 80% RH and nothing even lab tested no mold.

NugMountain

NugMountain

Yep, covering plants w plastic can eliminate broken stalks when plants not properly supported, but doesn't necessarily stop mold. High greenhouse roofs and fans to keep proper air flow. Before And then After harvest ... Fatter the nugs, the more susceptible to mold. Air flow key . Genetics also play a role. Find a grower who has genetics they have been backcrossing for years in the local climate you are in. Plants that have lineage in a areA have climatized. October in the mountains can have warm days but cold nights. Temps under 70 and medium-high RH and u r in a zone botrytis can grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom