Trellis? Like for real how do you weave the tops through?

• Thread starter SpartanHero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpartanHero

SpartanHero

So, I definitely need to set up a scrog. I kind of always thought that only applied to tiny plants. Anyway. My girls are bushy and super dense. I LST’d them like crazy. I’m trying to see if a scrog net will work, to help even out the canopy and get light to all of the new shoots and side branches. Only problem. I don’t know how 🤦🏾‍♀️. I got the concept and started to set up the trellis but I’m confused as what exactly to do next. Like the tallest branches just poked right through. I keep reading ‘weave it through’ but I’m lost. Anybody got any in-depth explanation or know some how to videos?

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

So, I definitely need to set up a scrog. I kind of always thought that only applied to tiny plants. Anyway. My girls are bushy and super dense. I LST’d them like crazy. I’m trying to see if a scrog net will work, to help even out the canopy and get light to all of the new shoots and side branches. Only problem. I don’t know how 🤦🏾‍♀️. I got the concept and started to set up the trellis but I’m confused as what exactly to do next. Like the tallest branches just poked right through. I keep reading ‘weave it through’ but I’m lost. Anybody got any in-depth explanation or know some how to videos?

Hey, you need to do the pinch technique to the plants in order to soften the stem a little bit. Basically grab to fingers as if you're holding a pen and slightly squeeze the stem until you feel the stem slowly break its stem wall. After it is softened, you can then slowly weave through nets and get your canopy even. Just make sure to be gentle. It'll be a little added stress to the plant but it'll recover quickly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey, you need to do the pinch technique to the plants in order to soften the stem a little bit. Basically grab to fingers as if you're holding a pen and slightly squeeze the stem until you feel the stem slowly break its stem wall. After it is softened, you can then slowly weave through nets and get your canopy even. Just make sure to be gentle. It'll be a little added stress to the plant but it'll recover quickly.
Good advice. Some can be tucked easier than others and if it gets a bit sketchy then this is exactly what ya wanna do.

Top Bottom