Tri-lobe leaf development

• Thread starter Greenjourneyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Good morning Farmers,
Im relatively new here and certainly appreciate the lope mannerism in which everyone has been welcoming.
This may actually be a genetics question, but I’ve been seeing several other people around with plants like mine here. They have Tri-Lobed Leaf development instead of the normal 5,7,9 etc.
Ive heard two explanations at this point which both seem very credible and logical. Just wondering if the community at large may have any other advice of thoughts.
1) this happens when a plant gets mixed up with the photo cycle and enters a re-veg stage.
-makes sense but then why does it happen to plants from seed that have not gone through harvest?
2) Oh, that’s a rudi thing. You own 10% of ruderalis hybrids will have the three lobed leaves.
-makes sense, I have seen that but these on my plants don’t have the mini lower lobes. Ruderalis truly have 5 lobes.

Any thoughts?

Tri lobe leaf development
Tri lobe leaf development 2
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Just bouncing this post on leaf development back to the top of the pile. Any botanists out here have a crack at this question?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Third time is the charm. If there’s no takers I’ll let the thread die.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Probably genetic mate I’ve had plants with what we call in Australia duck foot or a Webber it may revert back to 5,7 lobes but who really knows oh yes the plant knows . Regards one drop .

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Probably genetic mate I’ve had plants with what we call in Australia duck foot or a Webber it may revert back to 5,7 lobes but who really knows oh yes the plant knows . Regards one drop .

Thanks OD. I like the weber nomenclatur.

Top Bottom