Triangle 🔺 Grape 🍇 Cake 🎂 by TenguSeedCo

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

you’re using salt fertilizer right?
Yea, I'm using Humboldts Secret which I have had great luck with.
That’s a decision you are going to have to make. As my grow style is a lot different from yours. For me
With salts I can get them healthy quick but when I’ve tried organic, once they went purple stems and yellow leaves they stayed that way all through flower.
Just guessing here maybe someone with more organic experience can chime but if you pot it ups size maybe that will be enough to green her back up.
Do you think it’s possibly close to root bound?
I do believe the HS nutrient line is a "salts" based line. I've tried organic and struggled with it. This soil is depleted and I've just been feeding from day one with the HS line up. Not sure I want to go bigger than the 10 gal pot she is in now. I would definitely seek your advice Trustfall on how I might be able to get them healthier quickly. I went ahead and set the timer for 12/12 today, perhaps I need to re-evaluate that while I still have time? Not sure what to do. I have been doing a foliar with epsom salts and seems to be helping but I am still a bit concerned.

How long does it take for that pot to dry up? Looks like over watering or improper watering in soil. Also big temperature fluctuations cause unneeded stress to your plant which will purple the stems.
Burnz
It's taking almost a week to dry out between waterings. Yes, I agree, I think I may have overwatered last time but it was real close, I was surprised to see it showing possible overwatering but I may have done that, dagnabbit! I will def let her dry out a bit more next time. Temps have been pretty stable so I do not think that has been a stressor for this plant.

Here is a photo from today.

IMG 0855

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I think burnz just hit the nail. If it’s taking a week to dry out it’s going to take longer to kick the problem.
For my soil plants I try to just water enough to get the gal completely wet. Then after the roots are sucking down the water quickly then I go to more run off.
If you raise the temp you can get her drinking faster so she can kick that deficiency.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Ya I really like small 3 gallon containers with my peat/coco/perlite/castings mix. You take advantage of the young plants vigor whether it’s from clone or seed and just send it. It was fun doing that huge apples and bananas I grew but I wouldn’t do it again probably. I’m glad you’re trying new things tho. I’ve been growing different ways since I started and will probably do a hydro project too. I think I know a guy who got a nice system with a apples and bananas just raging! Keep it up man all this stuff makes us better!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ya I really like small 3 gallon containers with my peat/coco/perlite/castings mix. You take advantage of the young plants vigor whether it’s from clone or seed and just send it. It was fun doing that huge apples and bananas I grew but I wouldn’t do it again probably. I’m glad you’re trying new things tho. I’ve been growing different ways since I started and will probably do a hydro project too. I think I know a guy who got a nice system with a apples and bananas just raging! Keep it up man all this stuff makes us better!
You are always killing it! I have found that with the fertilizer I use, 5 gal may be my sweet spot. 3 gal I was watering like crazy 😜 😂 hopefully he’s got an update with his plant, happy grows.
Burnz

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks for your help Burnz, IG and Trustfall! I foliar fed this gal several times with epsom salts per IG's method and she seemed to perk up slowly over several days. I also got the temps up in the mid 80's during lights on that helped that huge pot dry out some, seems to have recovered from my accidental overwatering. These big pots are different animals than the 3 gallon pots that I really like when I have 4 plants in the tent.

Once she dried out and needed watering, it was time to feed so I maxed her out with HS nutes and bumped the cal/mag up to 7 ml/gal to address the mag deficiency I was seeing. She seems to have taken to the feeding very well and starting to throw blossoms. Yesterday marked day 1 of week 2 flower and I think I got the def fixed just in time!

I've also installed a chicken wire trellis as the stretch is fully on and she is going to need some support. I have a couple of cheap net trellis's somewhere but I can't find them so the chicken wire will have to do.

IMG 0909

IMG 0910

IMG 0912
IMG 0911

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Two and a half weeks into flower and this gal is looking good! Super excited to flower this cultivar from Trustfall. I'm getting used to using these larger pots and got the overwatering issue and the mag def solved for the most part. Weekly feedings and she's needing 2.5 gallons of water every 3 days atm. She's stretching into the trellis and I'm guessing will likely be done with that in a week and a half or so. Blossoms starting to form and a nice even canopy looks to be set up for a great round of beautiful medicinal flowers!

IMG 0939

IMG 0934

IMG 0938

IMG 0940

IMG 0935

IMG 0941

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Putting up a short video update, two days into week three with the Triangle Grape Cake #8. She’s in full on stretch mode at this time and starting to put on some beautiful blossoms.

I’m super excited about this grow and the way it’s turning out so far. Thank you trustfall for the awesome clones!

Nesta028

Nesta028

Shes a monster @SweetLeafGrow! Where did you get that scrog screen? Its metal right? Thats what I have been looking for!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Shes a monster @SweetLeafGrow! Where did you get that scrog screen? Its metal right? Thats what I have been looking for!
Thanks bro! Yea, it's metal and I do like it. Used it in a pinch because I couldn't find my string net. I don't know if it's called chicken wire or not but that is what I use it for with my chickens. It comes in a roll and you can probably get it at any farm store. I'm still learning how to use these things and I always get them too low. I'm thinking with the metal it will be fairly easy to adjust it up if the plant stretches more than anticipated. I just used zip ties to secure it to the corner poles and it slides up and down easily but it's also tight enough that it doesn't drop from its own weight.

Yoooo that plant is looking beautiful!!! You are just doubling down each grow my dude good stuff!!!
Thanks bro, I'm getting there! Practice, practice, practice. 💚

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Just starting week five flower, cruising along pretty good and trying for the first time to manipulate VPD numbers to find that sweet spot. I’ve learned a lot since I got the new infrared heat gun. Now I can check leaf temperature and try to dial that VPD in.

Here’s a short video update flowering process.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Just starting week five flower, cruising along pretty good and trying for the first time to manipulate VPD numbers to find that sweet spot. I’ve learned a lot since I got the new infrared heat gun. Now I can check leaf temperature and try to dial that VPD in.

Wow dude that plant is turning out really nice! Glad you didn’t listen to me and pot it up because the buds are forming perfect!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Wow dude that plant is turning out really nice! Glad you didn’t listen to me and pot it up because the buds are forming perfect!
LOL, I didn't have anything bigger than that 10 gal or I might have given it a shot!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

Brotha good job that plant looks amazing!! You’ve excelled so much man keep crushing it!! 🤘

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback and encouragement!

Thinking I have about 3 weeks left if the Triangle Grape Cake #8 goes 8 weeks....not sure how long this strain takes? I feel like I have been fighting a deficiency this whole grow and just hoping I can get to the end without any major problems. I've been giving her the max on the nutrients as well as extra cal/mag as to me it appears there is still a slight mag def going on. Some of the fan leaves show it more but the flowers and sugar leaves look fine so it may be that I have solved any deficiencies and the leaves are just not recovering. Been looking for any signs of nute burn but there are none that I can see so I keep maxing her out every feeding and giving extra cal/mag, which I will probably taper off at week 7 feeding. I'm getting more experience but from what I can tell this strain is a heavy feeder so I'm going with it.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I heard from Trustfall and this girl is likely to go a full 9 weeks so I was happy about that as the buds seem a bit small at this time. Three more full weeks and I think they will fatten up considerably.

I think I might have figured out the problem I have been having with this grow. I have been reading a lot of posts here at the forum and it appears that perhaps the issues I have been dealing with is not nutrient related but I do believe I have had the light a bit close. This MarsHydro light is not nearly as good as the SE3000 and I have always suspected it had hot and cool spots. My new infrared thermometer confirmed that the coverage is uneven. Anyhow, other posts I have seen have diagnosed light burn and I have very similar appearance on some of my leaves. I am pretty sure it's not nutrient deficiencies because I have been maxing her out and not a sign of nute burn at all. Here are a couple of photos that experts may be able to confirm or deny my diagnosis.

IMG 1108
IMG 1109

Other than that, just beginning week 7 and I'm super pumped about this beauty. Here are a few blossoms to share.

IMG 1110

IMG 1111

IMG 1112
IMG 1113
IMG 1114

IMG 1115
IMG 1116

Top Bottom