Trichome conditions on medical/retail cannabis

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

FWIW…I’ve scoped medical buds checking trichomes and have never seen amber. Usually it’s 50/50 cloudy/clear. I know it’s probably because companies want to fast track it from their 2 week cure to market but it shows me you can get some good stuff that’s not amber. Just my thoughts.

Moshmen

Moshmen

FWIW…I’ve scoped medical buds checking trichomes and have never seen amber. Usually it’s 50/50 cloudy/clear. I know it’s probably because companies want to fast track it from their 2 week cure to market but it shows me you can get some good stuff that’s not amber. Just my thoughts.
Decent but not to potential- if ya find a 2 week cure here in fla. you’d be doin good - here I think most chop dry sell . Med stuff is crap here

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

That’s too bad. FYI…in MA i find one good strain in about 10 purchases. It’s not all great stuff here. And Maine is worse…about 30% cheaper than MA and takes ratio of good to average is 1:20. Cheaper edibles though.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Decent but not to potential- if ya find a 2 week cure here in fla. you’d be doin good - here I think most chop dry sell . Med stuff is crap here
In Michigan, it's pretty much sold once it's dry enough to burn. Retail bud is also scheduled and picked by the calendar and not by trichomes. Dispensary weed here is expensive and frequently disappointing.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The dispensaries cure there weed differently they flash dry it in some way, in my state Curaleaf is all about mony, they will not tell you what your buying! All it says is indica, hybrid Or saliva that is it, so you end up paying $60+ for an 1/8 witch cost curaleaf $7 bucks to grow ripping off CT residents by making millions off pain and suffering of CT residents who don't have a connection or do not know how to grow, not everyone can grow weed they just don't have a green thumb, like my sister who murders house plants bc she messes with them even murdered a spider plant and that is not an easy thing to do, only reason I bought a card is to legally grow 6 plants, only walked in dispensaries 1 time to pick up card bought nothing.

Ponky

Ponky

They chop for weight. They don't grow for any extra time. Then they package. Ship to the irradiation company. Ship it back. And toss it on the shelf. And it's always poo. No matter how strong. And always has a stupid name. And is always bred with some wax flavored kush. So. Yes. Store bought will always be amazing looking and smelling weed with no value. That tastes bad. And makes you want want immediately smoke a proper joint. But to be fair. No one waits for amber trichomes when they grow for profit. Makes the weed to orange and dark. Looks bad. You cut for weight and color.

growsince79

growsince79

Amber is over ripe and degrading- at least my strains are that way. I hear some auto guys say 50% amber is ripe. I harvest when the bud is ripe. The trichs is what they is.

growsince79

growsince79

The dispensaries cure there weed differently they flash dry it in some way, in my state Curaleaf is all about mony, they will not tell you what your buying! All it says is indica, hybrid Or saliva that is it, so you end up paying $60+ for an 1/8 witch cost curaleaf $7 bucks to grow ripping off CT residents by making millions off pain and suffering of CT residents who don't have a connection or do not know how to grow, not everyone can grow weed they just don't have a green thumb, like my sister who murders house plants bc she messes with them even murdered a spider plant and that is not an easy thing to do, only reason I bought a card is to legally grow 6 plants, only walked in dispensaries 1 time to pick up card bought nothing.
The only thing I get at the dispenery is the disposable vapes - great for puffing in public/ road trips. But I don't understand why they claim tho be 92%THC BUT THEY DON'T GET YOU AS HIGH AS MY HOMEGROWN BUDS. I guess my buds must be at least 200% THC LOL.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Same here but cureleaf has the biggest sign out front! Lmao

the rrock

the rrock

Here in Bay area(santa cruz) the disp put out some killer AAAbud and concentrate ive only bought from a disp when displaced by forest fire for 23 days last year but many friends buy regularly. I purchase clones to throw outdoors and the reults are pretty damn good>,fatso,jelly rancher,ice cream cake,blue dream this year<a little more variety to go with my usual seeded strains

D

Dr.Dave

That’s too bad. FYI…in MA i find one good strain in about 10 purchases. It’s not all great stuff here. And Maine is worse…about 30% cheaper than MA and takes ratio of good to average is 1:20. Cheaper edibles though.
Nashoba...where do you live in MA? If possible, check out Bloom Bros. in Pittsfield - best selection by far and usually great stuff. Try to land some Brownie Scout by Rythm...it's incredible.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Amber is over ripe and degrading- at least my strains are that way. I hear some auto guys say 50% amber is ripe. I harvest when the bud is ripe. The trichs is what they is.
I do amber 40-50% on my autos. Not because I think that's peak ripeness, but because I prefer the bodyhigh where I can't tell where I end and my couch begins, lol. Especially with hash made from bud that's gone that long.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

In Michigan, it's pretty much sold once it's dry enough to burn. Retail bud is also scheduled and picked by the calendar and not by trichomes. Dispensary weed here is expensive and frequently disappointing.
Gonna quote my own post ... in 2021 when I made the post above, dispensary weed was very expensive. Now in 2023, the market has been flooded and prices have tanked. You can pick up a half way decent 1/8th for $15 in my area now. The rest is still the same, but the price has dropped significantly.

Ponky

Ponky

Gonna quote my own post ... in 2021 when I made the post above, dispensary weed was very expensive. Now in 2023, the market has been flooded and prices have tanked. You can pick up a half way decent 1/8th for $15 in my area now. The rest is still the same, but the price has dropped significantly.
Yeah retail is down about 35% here. Making it only about 2x or 3x more. And occasionally they have good bud.

ddandurand

ddandurand

I'm so disappointed in the dispensaries we have here in southwest Michigan. Haven't been to one since I started growing but it seems like every strain is the same with a different name.

not grown or cured with love or the time it deserves.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm so disappointed in the dispensaries we have here in southwest Michigan. Haven't been to one since I started growing but it seems like every strain is the same with a different name.

not grown or cured with love or the time it deserves.

You still find a lot of that where I'm at. What you don't find is the high prices we had a few years back.

Top Bottom