Trichome inspection looking for advice!

• Thread starter Rm34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rm34

Rm34

Hi Everyone,

Currently day 38 of flower (Barneys Farm - Pineapple Chunk) with an estimated flower time of 55-60 days.

I have just inspected the trichomes under microscope today and they seem to look cloudy already and it seems a little early!

Just looking to see what others think I have added some photos for reference

Thanks people!

Trichome inspection looking for advice
Trichome inspection looking for advice 2
Trichome inspection looking for advice 3
Trichome inspection looking for advice 4
Trichome inspection looking for advice 5
H

HighDesertScott

Hi Rm34, I am also running Pineapple Chunk from BF, I am on day 67 and mine are not entirely cloudy - sorry I do not have close up pics due to shaky hands, but mine will go for another week or two at least. Are these pics from the leaf or bud? Leaf tricomes will cloud fast compared to the actual bud. Best of luck on your grow!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You still have a ways to go. Trichomes are not the whole story on ripeness although very important. Water uptake, pistils appearance, etc are all at play. Also, the particular effect you are looking for depends on when you chop.

Generally speaking, you want to look at the trichomes on the flowers and not the sugar leaves when determining harvest times.

Trixie

Trixie

Pick a small bud after day @60 every day and start testing the buds at day 65. The weed will tell when to pick it using this testing method.

Rm34

Rm34

Hi Rm34, I am also running Pineapple Chunk from BF, I am on day 67 and mine are not entirely cloudy - sorry I do not have close up pics due to shaky hands, but mine will go for another week or two at least. Are these pics from the leaf or bud? Leaf tricomes will cloud fast compared to the actual bud. Best of luck on your grow!
Hi, thanks for the reply these photos are from leaf

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hi, thanks for the reply these photos are from leaf
Don't look at leaf trichs. You want to look at the trichs on flower bracts.

And don't bother looking unless all your stigmas have turned from white to red and shriveled.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hi Everyone,

Currently day 38 of flower (Barneys Farm - Pineapple Chunk) with an estimated flower time of 55-60 days.

I have just inspected the trichomes under microscope today and they seem to look cloudy already and it seems a little early!

Just looking to see what others think I have added some photos for reference

Thanks people!
With the number of clear trichs im seeing on that sugar leaf, it tells me the buds still have quite a ways to go as sugar leaf trichs mature faster than the flower bract trichs do.

As just said above, dont even look at trichs until 95% or more of the pistils have turned redish/orange and shriveled up to the bud. I only say this last part because i notice when people start looking early, they chop early almost always.

Top Bottom