Can I harvest with white hairs? Trichome opinions

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

Today starts week 9 of flower for my girl and I’ve been checking her trichomes! I’m starting to believe she’s a slow grower cause of her overall look and many white hairs. She spent 12 weeks in the vegetative state so I was expecting her to be bigger. I made the mistake of starting to flush her because of advice given so her top leaves are pretty yellow and such. The bud looks to be still growing out but I haven’t been able to find anything about it on Google. Let me know your opinion of her!

Trichome opinions white hairs still
Trichome opinions white hairs still 2
Trichome opinions white hairs still 3
Trichome opinions white hairs still 4
SavageBuds420

SavageBuds420

Hey Jaimars your ladies are looking AMAZING! I would give it another few days until they're cloudy and then harvest.

jaimars

jaimars

Hey Jaimars your ladies are looking AMAZING! I would give it another few days until they're cloudy and then harvest.
Thanks! What you think about all the hairs left? I’m trying to avoid amber for the top and let the bottom amber some for my edibles and dabs, want couch lock for those lol

J

JohnTheDank

Some people believe that you should wait until the majority of the plant's leaves have turned yellow or brown before harvest, while others believe that you can harvest as soon as the plant has begun to produce white hairs. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. If you are looking for a more potent end product, then waiting until the majority of the leaves have turned yellow or brown may be the best option. However, if you are looking for a less potent product, then harvesting as soon as the plant has begun to produce white hairs may be a better option.

H

Hush581

The color of hairs (pistols) does not indicate when it's time for harvesting. This is because strains differ on when they show white hairs or red hairs for example, but trichomes developing their color is consistent through all strains so you should go by this instead.

For example some growers will wait a full 9-10 weeks until half of the hairs have changed color, but there is debate. A good rule of thumb is to wait until you have 100% cloudy trichomes with about 25-35% amber at the most.

This is because the trichomes have to go from clear to cloudy to show they have procuced THC. Amber trichomes may cause a decrease in potency because the THC has degraded into CBN. So don't worry so much about whether the hairs are white for harvest.

Using trichome color and development to indicate time for harvest is preferred.

SavageBuds420

SavageBuds420

You can harvest the tops for your cloudy trichomes and let the bottom grow another 3-6 days for you edibles.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Some strains will throw white pistils all the way until harvest no matter what. Just keep an eye on the trichs

looking great! 👍🌱

jaimars

jaimars

Some strains will throw white pistils all the way until harvest no matter what. Just keep an eye on the trichs

looking great! 👍🌱
I’ve been trying to my jeweler loupe sucks when I combine it with my smart phone I can see a decent view but still hard to tell!

4311AE7F 415F 4238 8E5C 0DA936A02917
09C7FA1E 6C81 4831 884F 122CF9D668F6
jaimars

jaimars

Horrible first go lol she is fluffy and airy not dense buds at all but I’ve learned a lot still have 3 autos in the tent! Hoping to do better with those....any advice or tips would be appreciated!

Top Bottom