Trichomes and flush

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

As I'm now in week 5, it's time to start thinking about flush, but I'm a little confused as to when. Some say 14 days, some say only a week.

For my questions sake, if I want 15% Amber to cloudy trichomes, would I start the flush when it's at a lower Amber count and then hopefully the timing works out to where it's the way I want it? Say its a ten day flush, and this time I wanted no Amber trichomes, would I start the flush when do are still clear?

Hopefully, I'm make sense. I've searched and I can't find a definitive answer. Plus, if like to know what you guys on here do or recommend.

Thanks

the rrock

the rrock

what strain you growing? most plants go at least 8 weeks, I dont do the trichome thing Ive been growing long enough that I just know when they are ready.Out of curiosity why do you want the 15% amber to cloudy? Ive had some plants grow and grow well past the reccomended flower time and trichs never turned even cloudy.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

One is Gorilla Zkittlez, the other is Blue Fire OG (Beastmode 2.0)

My research found that they're at the most THC production when they're all cloudy and the amber increases CBD. So, given that, I would prefer they be as strong as possible, but with some CBD. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The breeder calls for 8 weeks in both strains...

BigCube

BigCube

If they say 8 weeks plan for 10. If they say 10 make it 12. They almost never advertise it correctly.

Depending on how you want your high, is when you harvest it. Milky tricombes give you uplifting wakeful high, amber gives you heavy sleepy high. Mix it how you like it. I personally like a uplifting wakeful high so I can still function. So I harvest as soon as I start seeing amber. But you can mix it however you like it. Try 50 50 the first go around if you're unsure.

As for flush, depending on how you're growing it, often 1 week is good enough. But I personally like to ween flush. It takes 2 weeks, but the first 4 or 5 days I taper of the nutrients. So I'll drop the ppm down daily till it's just water. Usually leaving 10 days or so of actual flush.

Generally, the longer you flush, the smoother the smoke. If you dont flush enough it's a harsh smoke.

If you dont do some weird taper off method like I do, 1 week should be fine. If you find the smoke is a bit harsh, add a few days next time. 😀

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Thanks for that.

Yeah I read that the breeder usually does that. You just confirmed it.

I like mine pretty much the way you like yours but do you start the flush before you start seeing amber? Do you know how long it takes from cloudy until you notice amber? Meaning if they're all cloudy (with no amber) does the flush, or taper start then or some time before?

I've also read a lot about that taper. It makes perfect sense to me. I believe that's the route I'm taking

Thanks for your help

BigCube

BigCube

There is a bit of guessing. But a week isn't that huge in the grand scheme. Around week 5 and 6 start paying attention to the tricombes, you will see the rate they turn at. I generally start my flush when almost my tricombes are milky. Say a good 80% then start flushing. By the time I'm done 2 weeks later there are just a few Amber here and there, less than 5%.

If you're going a week, it's not gonna matter much. If you flush when you see the first amber, there shouldn't be more than 5 - 7% amber by the time you're done.

All strains are different, these are just general numbers. But they are accurate enough to give you an idea. Just watch the tricombes, you'll know when the time is right 😀

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One is Gorilla Zkittlez, the other is Blue Fire OG (Beastmode 2.0)

My research found that they're at the most THC production when they're all cloudy and the amber increases CBD. So, given that, I would prefer they be as strong as possible, but with some CBD. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The breeder calls for 8 weeks in both strains...

THC degrades into CBN not CBD. Not the same canabanoid. Sorry I had to correct this. I keep seeing it around here.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dont go by a schedule, I start to feed plain water when the plants start to ripen near the end, usually around week 7. When a lot of trichs are cloudy and about 2/3-3/4 of the stigma have withered is when I usually start, and I'll feed straight water usually for a couple weeks. That's using peat based soiless.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I just ordered a little handheld WiFi microscope. Free after points! Looking forward to a closer look.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I have a really good phone, but terrible eyes. Getting old sucks. Hey it's was essentially free...

Plus I can take high res pics with it. I love gadgets.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I'd like your opinion...I have two Skunk#1 plants that are at 65 days @ 12 & 12. I Final Flushed them last week and then took a look close up...every trichome is clear as glass. I'm wondering if I should give them a little more nutrients or just wait? How long does it take for the trichomes to turn milky/cloudy? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Wait, probably another week. Maybe two.

Some strains, like Sour Diesel, have an 11 week flowering period. Buds will get fatter and stronger while you wait, though I would still give them some nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom