Trichomes aren't changing amber on 13 weeks

• Thread starter spoodge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spoodge

I'm on week 13 now n on 2nd week flush. I know I should usually b done on wk 12 but there isn't many amber color Trichomes still now there is only maybe 5% amber Trichomes . And I'm getting a lot of growth every day. The leafs r just starting to die dry up.(mostly just the tips) do u have any ideas to help the Trichomes to turn? There's no light leaks I've fallowed heavy 16 feeding chart I just started out a lil bit weaker. I also used bio warfare Bennie pacs.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Your fine bro. No need to rush. But to be honest depending on the strain as long as they are all milky and not clear don't worry about amber. Don't get me wrong I like some amber in there but I chop at about 20 to 25%. Finish ur flush and chop her. That is unless u have tons of clear.

S

spoodge

I hardly have any clear just for the new growth I get and I've been getting lots of new growth over the past 2 weeks

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'd say if they are all milky accept new growth ur safe to chop. But if ur getting tons of new growth let her keep going. Either way finish ur flush and reassess then.

S

spoodge

I had typo I'm actually going into wk 14. I have two strains white wido X big bud and the other is cherry bomb by bomb seeds

S

spoodge

I think I figured it out my temps in the growm r kinda low they were 50-55 at night and 60-65 in the day. Cold temps will slow growth

Tnelz

Tnelz

Grown tons of stuff from bomb. Just finishing up a bubble bomb. I've never gone past 9.5 weeks but that's just me. Run big bomb in as few as 7 and a couple days. Never those u r growing though. I'd be surprised if they weren't ready but stranger things have happened. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to take them down.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

try reducing the amount of hours your lights are on. In nature, daylight hours decrease upon harvest, this tells the plant to hurry up and fully mature.

I practice this, i also dim my lights for the last two weeks, i think those nice big colas really appreciate less light right before chop... just an observation so take it with a grain a salt! im no professional botanist

S

spoodge

Here's my groom info

SOIL GROW

Strain - Cherry bomb and big bud X white widow
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - 13wk 4days of flower
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - 1) 1000 watt I'm using the flowering light the orange colorish one and I se the bright white one in veg (I can't rem which is which HPS or MH)
Nutrients - Heavy 16 line, bio warfare bennie PAC, beastie bloom
Medium - ocean forest soil
PH - 6.5
RH - 50% to 55% just dropped it down to 30%
Room Temperature- 55f at night 65 f in day
Pests - None

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

65 is a bit low, it will slow growth, but usually its ok to run colder temps upon finish. alot of growers do this to achieve the purpling effect. It also can promote trichome production and swelling of the calyxs.

Thats good info on your grow, but for us to really give you good advice, its better to snap a couple of pics so we can see where you are at (in flower lol) and whats going on.

burn4me

burn4me

Im no expert but most info i found would point to temperature. But 14 weeks for ww x bb? Thats an 8 week flower. Some say as little as 7 weeks. That the gear im popping next after bag seed i got going now to try dial in area. Hope you figure it out. Keep us posted because im definitely interested.

Dunge

Dunge

I don't need no stinkin pics to have an opinion on amber trichs, and your low temp report supports my cartoon of trich development.
I suspect that trich ambering is the result of oxidation. Lower temps would delay oxidation reaction rate.
I believe trich ambering is like so many other guides, it's just a thing that people CAN observe, so it turns into a rule.
I rarely see any ambers in my grow, and I let a White Fire go 13 weeks just to see if it would amber. Nothing. Now I chop by clock at nine weeks and love it.
Your report may be the beginning of the end for a 'wives tale'.

Power OG

Power OG

temps at night are to low, 50-55 at night is way to low, you have caused some type of nutrient lock out imo, your temp should be around 80 during day and 65 at night, so you have slowed down your or killed your rhizosphere, microbes & bennies which is what eats your nutes and turns it into plant food in the rootzone , so get temps up, see if this helps but imo i would chop, and move on to next grow & keep temps up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom