Trichomes from a beginner growing noob

• Thread starter hackerballs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hackerballs

hackerballs

I started my first grow tent for fun a few months ago. I bought 4 clones and cause they were already branching out, I just started the flowering stage right away. Been 8/9 week now and I am not sure when to harvest. They all have buds (small I think) but look healthy. Yes I have read all the different talk and most say wait till %70 amber. That will be a problem with mine when you see the pics,

What suggestions please

WIN 20211215 16 44 19 Pro
WIN 20211215 16 44 12 Pro

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The amount of amber you see when you decide to harvest will be a personal thing. Frankly, I've never heard of anyone harvesting at 70% amber. I harvest when I see a few amber trichs on the correct plant part.

What you're seeing in these pics are mostly clear with some cloudy trichs. Clear trichs can take on the colors of things around them like that. When using HPS lighting, it can really mess with a newbie's head.

Let's see a bud or the rest of the plant.

growsince79

growsince79

I started my first grow tent for fun a few months ago. I bought 4 clones and cause they were already branching out, I just started the flowering stage right away. Been 8/9 week now and I am not sure when to harvest. They all have buds (small I think) but look healthy. Yes I have read all the different talk and most say wait till %70 amber. That will be a problem with mine when you see the pics,

What suggestions please

View attachment 1197519View attachment 1197518
Really? I don't know anyone who waits for 70% amber

hackerballs

hackerballs

this is what the plant looks like a few weeks ago. I read that 70% will give you a more body stone? Maybe not what I actually want. Jakecan pics say 50/70% for best thc and no one has heard of this? It's in the chart you posted. Ok, how far along does mine look? Pick or let grow more?

20211128 114638

Observationist

Observationist

The amount of amber you see when you decide to harvest will be a personal thing. Frankly, I've never heard of anyone harvesting at 70% amber. I harvest when I see a few amber trichs on the correct plant part.

What you're seeing in these pics are mostly clear with some cloudy trichs. Clear trichs can take on the colors of things around them like that. When using HPS lighting, it can really mess with a newbie's head.

Let's see a bud or the rest of the plant.
i read amber is degraded THC, CBN basically. is this right did i get something wrong? with that being said harvest when they START to become amber.

depends on prefs and ur type of high.

hackerballs

hackerballs

My Bro had the same clones at the same time. His started to get PM. He chopped it down and dried it. He says it is very very smooth with great tasting berry flavor. He got lots of THC he says.
Proof will be in the high as always

Thanks all...I will let them go a little longer and watch carefully

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Before you start mocking others and, in turn, making yourself look like a complete d-bag, start understanding what you are reading.

The chart says 70%-90% of the hairs will darken and recede. It’s not talking about trichome complexion, because that’s down to personal preference. And no-one in history said they prefer 70% amber trichs.

Like, bro, LOL, it’s like right in the chart that’s posted that you like, kinda read and stuff.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would give that a week before I checked trichs. It might be done in a week, maybe two, for my tastes.

50-70% amber would be way, way too long. The plant would practically be dead, I would think.

Madmax

Madmax

I use to pull when 3/4 hairs turn brown untill i bought a loupe.it is personal preference what guys have mentioned..i go to roughly 15% amber trics max most times..letting the buds fill out to get the most yield to sacrifice a little potency but not that much...the 15% amber represents the majority of the top buds and maybe a foot ,not all over..down further they could b all milky..so you have best of both worlds.top buds a little more relaxing ,and the lowers you get smashed .

Top Bottom