TRICHOMES what do you prefer?

• Thread starter Mommyk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommyk

Mommyk

Okay so I've got all cloudy trichomes on my plant and took a first small clipping but I'm looking for advice. Do you prefer all cloudy, a few amber, or all amber?

BudBogart

BudBogart

I want an absence of clear trichomes.
Whatever mix of cloudy and amber I get is fine as long as the clear trichomes have turned cloudy.
Sometimes that’s 5% amber sometimes more.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Okay so I've got all cloudy trichomes on my plant and took a first small clipping but I'm looking for advice. Do you prefer all cloudy, a few amber, or all amber?
The question is what do you prefer? What type of high do you prefer with a given strain? It'll take some trial and error to find the sweet spot for you. Having said that, the rule of thumb seems to be at least mostly cloudy/no amber to ±20% amber. Too early and the cannabinoid levels will be low, and too late - almost all amber - most of the THC will have degraded.

Like the pistils, the trikes don't all develop at the same time, so there is always some variation. If you see the odd clear one when the majority are where you want them don't worry about the few clear ones.

R

redshift75

I want an absence of clear trichomes.
Whatever mix of cloudy and amber I get is fine as long as the clear trichomes have turned cloudy.
Sometimes that’s 5% amber sometimes more.

Pretty much this. if its still producing trichs and thick and i can still find patches of clear. Its all determined by that. Now thats for indoors. Dont really get that choice outdoors for my location. You get what you get when its done.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I measure the resonant frequency of each trich before harvesting.
Are you gonna keep us in suspense? What frequency do you harvest at or do you look for a range? Is it the same resonant frequency of THC?

Latest posts

Top Bottom