Trifoliate Plants / Quads Even ?? Anyone Experience This ?

• Thread starter FireSurvivor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FireSurvivor

FireSurvivor

Hello all,

Anyone have experience with ‘trifoliate’ seedlings ? I have found several over the years growing out thousands of seeds when I was breeding, and then even came across two seedlings that had 4 leaf per nodes that stayed growing like that, and didn’t grow out of it. This was true for both of these plants as well as the trifoliate plant. I was thinking at the time to try and breed with the trifoliate and wondered if I could stabilize that trait, but due to space constraints I could not dedicate anything to that idea. The other two mutant seedlings grew with the weirdest flat type of stalks that I never seen before, not round at all, rectangular and flat. The only thing close to what I seen regarding the stalks of the two 4 leaf per node mutants was in an episode of ‘Strain Hunters’ I watched where Franco and Arjan found a plant with the same type of stalk.(RIP Franco)
Any breeders have any feedback on this ? Most trifoliate plants grow out of it as they grow and switch to the normal 2 leaf per node, so breeding to stabilize would be a tricky thing if even possible . . . Anyone know of a 3 leaf variety lol 😆
Trifoliate plants  quads even  anyone experience this

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

YES! i have grew out a few of em' but seedlings with multiple leaf sets do not always turn into a true trifoliate they generally split off non mutated heads instead of continuing to shoot three leaves. I have had a handful of three or four leaved seedlings but they generally herm or something funky, never grown one to completion. In Humbolt Locals outdoor thread he has a shoe goo thats totally huge crazy looking stem that was shooting out nodes all over the place and not uniform at all. Interesting stuff, course everyones thoughts are more nodes/branches more yield right?

FireSurvivor

FireSurvivor

YES! i have grew out a few of em' but seedlings with multiple leaf sets do not always turn into a true trifoliate they generally split off non mutated heads instead of continuing to shoot three leaves. I have had a handful of three or four leaved seedlings but they generally herm or something funky, never grown one to completion. In Humbolt Locals outdoor thread he has a shoe goo thats totally huge crazy looking stem that was shooting out nodes all over the place and not uniform at all. Interesting stuff, course everyones thoughts are more nodes/branches more yield right?
Yes, one thing would be cool to see one in flowering, more bud sites, more yield. It would look thick and full I guess if budding, but I gave up caring about yield long time ago, quality is everything !! BUT, imagine having the quality with quantity ! I never grew one to flowering myself unfortunately, wish I do now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom