Trim Machine Help.

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

Circumstances may force me to go to a machine trim from a hand trim. Been looking around at machines. There is a ton of them out there. A dry trim would be nice but from what I can tell it looks like to much touch up for me. What I can't find is any good quality photo's of the finished product right out of the machines. If anyone has some decent photo's of product fro the T4,T2, Trim Pal or some other model they think does a good job I would love to see them. I am more concerned about the quality of the end product than the price of the machine. I know the T2 puts more out than the T4. Is there much difference in the trim? Thanks for any help I can get.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

depending on work load I like the Shearline original 9k..over the T2 13k. However for smaller jobs/crews 1-2 people the T4 7k does a really nice job. I also just ran the shearline 2.0 6k and can update with more info when they are dry and pics off the rack. I would only use tumbler style machine. I have not been a fan of any rotor style machines.. I.e. satellite, trim pro, trim reaper... I find most tumbler style machines are about the same in cut and that it comes down to proper prep of the plant and finding the sweet spot as far as throughput. The 2.0 is interesting because it replicates a scissor cut with a tumbler. They say it makes the trim proccessible, which is usually trashed for concentrates otherwise. I will be testing that in the next week.

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

We just sold our twister to some mass production guys, your quality is going to suffer vs hand for sure. If you arent doing more that 7 or 8 units at once 15k isnt worth it. When we had 14+ units to do per cycle then ya made since but trichome heads are destroyed trim is useless and can't be recovered all your wax turns out dark green from the chlorophyll being beat up by the twister.

below frigid

below frigid

Is the trim between the T2 and T4 comparable, or does one do a better job than the other? If it was less than 10 units I would probably still be hand trimming myself. Gave it up a while back, it was cutting into my fishing time! I was giving all the trim to my crew so that's not really a concern. Best price I can find for the T2 is 10300 and change the T4 is 6300 and change. Shipping included! Thanks for the help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Circumstances may force me to go to a machine trim from a hand trim. Been looking around at machines. There is a ton of them out there. A dry trim would be nice but from what I can tell it looks like to much touch up for me. What I can't find is any good quality photo's of the finished product right out of the machines. If anyone has some decent photo's of product fro the T4,T2, Trim Pal or some other model they think does a good job I would love to see them. I am more concerned about the quality of the end product than the price of the machine. I know the T2 puts more out than the T4. Is there much difference in the trim? Thanks for any help I can get.
I can put up pix of what I've done using the smaller TrimPal later, ok? I personally have been taken over to the dark side, no more handtrimming for me other than the touch-up needed.

below frigid

below frigid

I can put up pix of what I've done using the smaller TrimPal later, ok? I personally have been taken over to the dark side, no more handtrimming for me other than the touch-up needed.
Thanks Sea, I have been checking the Trim Pal out. I am on the fence now. Twister or Trim Pal? I would rather dry trim for sure but still would need to hire out for touch up work, by the hour would not be too bad.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

I was checking out that smaller version and even though they call it the 1 unit model it says you can put 2-2.5 in it - whats the most you run? looking forward to pix btw

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah id definitely like to see pics of the smaller trim pal in action too,not too much price difference between the 4 and the s1 though.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, not a lot of price differential on them, but I can see the larger unit being a bit of a pain to store if you're not using it year-round.
I was checking out that smaller version and even though they call it the 1 unit model it says you can put 2-2.5 in it - whats the most you run? looking forward to pix btw
I haven't weighed it prior to the run, I just debone into a bin or 5gal bucket and dump it into the TP. I have to do more trimming, I'll do a video too, ok?

Anyway, the weight you can put in is really going to be dependent on the bud density itself. I lose a LOT putting the Chemwreck through, because it grows a lot like Trainwreck and tends to be kinda blown out buds, whereas the "Skunk" I grew out has more round buds, not necessarily dense, but nothing much other than leaf extends past the bud itself, so it doesn't get all that trimmed off. I'd have to guess about a unit at a time, give or take, is the most it can do. The thing is that you *can* stuff it full, but if the buds can't turn then the outer buds will be trimmed to death, so it's better to fill at most 3/4 of the way full, then let her do her thing.

Gimme a bit to get some pix of the buds up. Edit** Well, mah old phone is fucking up. I took a few pix of buds that have been through the TP but not touched up and hell if I can get the phone to mount now. I'm going to have to do this differently, it'll take more time.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

gorilla glue $4
og ghost
KK strawberry cream (rip)

all done with a spin pro trimmer

Top Bottom