Trim out fan leaves 1-2 wks before crop

• Thread starter Kilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

ez farmers,

is there any ill effects if you trim out all the fan leaves 1 week before crop?

tia

K

B

BITYmagicBeanz

yeh it will start the plant too decay.and ur loose the sugar and vitiams and when u flush it will drain the nitro from the bud .best too let them do there thing and naturaly fall off. but if there dead pick them off

S

spinkus

If your growing bushes, then yes I would let them do there thing and fall off naturally. But if your doing a High density SOG like I run, you will probly want to remove some of the bottom lower leaves to let some light into all the middle half of the plants. I lollipop my clones so theres not really any bottom buds.

Here's a pic from bout 6 months ago. I dont remove all of them, just the ones that are major blockage, and never all the leaves from one clone.

BTW I remove mine when I start the flush @ Day 49, then I let them go for 3 more weeks until Day 70. Those middle buds fatten and frost up very nicely those last 3 weeks.

6 30SOG
B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
ah the good old "to trim or not to trim" question... I think everybody has his own theory about it...

i trim leaves when they are blocking light from buds.

P

phoenix

Bend out the way if possible,but in sog or scrog,a little may be necessary to remove just to free the bud site to light,on bigger set ups with more space and bigger/more lights then there is little need.
I remove mine the last week 1/to try and coax any more resin 2/they are not needed at this point and should be yellow anyway from the flush so removing em early just saves work on harvest day.

B

bannana man

it all depends on the way you grow ,,i tend to let them do there thing and just take off the bottoms ..when growing pure indica they just cover the canopy with leaf so needs musts when growing these especially sog

K

Kilo

thanks all :)

In my case i will trim out what is covering bud sites hehe. I foolishly put 40 onto a multi duct and due to my inexperience with this pheno its now a jungle lmfao

fuk it there getting a brazilian...

thanks again

M

Mr Green

i remove some of mine around the last 2 weeks before harvest:smoke

S

spinkus

Nah I've seen some of Kilo's grows....puts that little table of mine to shame!

K

Kilo

Nah I've seen some of Kilo's grows....puts that little table of mine to shame!

:blush:blush hey yours looks sweet bruv...your little table puts my big one at the moment to shame hehe i get some pics tonight once i give it to em lol ;) :punch:punch:makeup:makeup

cya around m8 ....what ever happened to that seeds run you did ...any decent moms??

cheers spinkus

H

herby

Big discussion on this in another forum right now. Someone who has done this a lot swears by it. Peal em at 30 days and again at 45 days into flower. Depends on variety of course but basically you want to wait for the bud site to develope then chop the fans. I did it in my little microgrow and the buds are doing great. A couple of people are running side by side tests now and am awaiting the results. So far I see no ill effects.

K

Kilo

Big discussion on this in another forum right now. Someone who has done this a lot swears by it. Peal em at 30 days and again at 45 days into flower. Depends on variety of course but basically you want to wait for the bud site to develope then chop the fans. I did it in my little microgrow and the buds are doing great. A couple of people are running side by side tests now and am awaiting the results. So far I see no ill effects.

keep me posted m8...i generally mess about with em in veg and upto about 2 wks in flower...but due to a new pheno and cramming loads in...also i was away quiet a bit from the location and with xmas etc ...i turnt up and it was like a fookin jungle...and im convinced its not mass and cheese or something hehe

i get some pics up in my diary soon ..been busy this end

i see texas uses a trim out technic with great success

HAPPY NEW YEAR M8

R

rome

Ive just had a trim on my girls., there about 3 weeks in., i just removed bottom leaves., and stuff that was blocking out too much light., ill let u kno how it went

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
if it anint broke then dont fix it

wateva works 4
you should not trim unless its much needed the leaf contain nutrients that keep the plants healthy ,dyin leaves will naturally fall off or wilt n should n can be easily taken off too avoid mold.

just use your judgement for your particular situation

Latest posts

Top Bottom