Trimming for harvest and dark period theory

• Thread starter GreatWhiteBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Hey all,

Looking for some input on harvesting.

I have some girls getting ready for harvest, they're are doing well and so my question follows.

How many weeks out from an expected harvest date should you trim and lollipop plants?

Additionally, for dark period harvesting, does that constitute a full few days of darkness or is it simply a matter of harvesting after the end of that day's photoperiod?

Trimming for harvest and dark period theory

Blueberry Kush end of week 6.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hey all,

Looking for some input on harvesting.

I have some girls getting ready for harvest, they're are doing well and so my question follows.

How many weeks out from an expected harvest date should you trim and lollipop plants?

Additionally, for dark period harvesting, does that constitute a full few days of darkness or is it simply a matter of harvesting after the end of that day's photoperiod?

View attachment 1211033

Blueberry Kush end of week 6.
I usually do 48 hours of dark but it’s really personal preference. A lot of bro science out there and not much for actually studies to prove anything. I’m playing around with drying and curing process to find what I like.

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

So I ended up doing a 36 hour dark cycle after 1 week of reduced RH and heat down at 20°C, now I am doing a cold air hang dry before canning and curing.

freezeland2

freezeland2

So I ended up doing a 36 hour dark cycle after 1 week of reduced RH and heat down at 20°C, now I am doing a cold air hang dry before canning and curing.
If you just harvested the plants in the pic you posted you harvested early.

Top Bottom