Trimming inner thin stems before larfy buds appear

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m a long-time outdoor grower who normally lets my plants grow without doing much leaf and stem trimming other than 3-4 toppings in early veg and stripping most plate leaves in the final few weeks. But now I’m beginning to rethink this method. Most of my plants are similar to this G13 Critical with full mains but thin inner stems. Question: Should I chop the thin stems in lower two thirds of the mains to divert nutrient transport to main colas? I would leave the plate leaves for photosynthesis. All plants were started inside April 1 and put in ground May 7. Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Trimming inner thin stems before larfy buds appear
Trimming inner thin stems before larfy buds appear 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m a long-time outdoor grower who normally lets my plants grow without doing much leaf and stem trimming other than 3-4 toppings in early veg and stripping most plate leaves in the final few weeks. But now I’m beginning to rethink this method. Most of my plants are similar to this G13 Critical with full mains but thin inner stems. Question: Should I chop the thin stems in lower two thirds of the mains to divert nutrient transport to main colas? I would leave the plate leaves for photosynthesis. All plants were started inside April 1 and put in ground May 7. Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated.
There is no right answer. Thin stems=small buds IMO.

Madbud

Madbud

I pinch the bottom couple branches but not the fans, those long stringy branches seem to take more than give. Same for suckers on the higher branches.
Edit: Really nice girls!

Last edited:
Top Bottom