trimming leaves during flower stage. bad or good?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Soulsis

I myself had an infestation of spider mites during flowering. After a couple of weeks natural treatment with neem oil mixture of detergent and water sprayed on leaves. Then diatamacous earth sprinkled around the bottom of the plants, I think I've had no option but to strip most of the leaves to try save the flowers. Left one monster cropped mother with her leaves will see how the results go.
IMG20191006094923
DQ
IMG20191006094923
IMG20191006094903

Judaz

Judaz

In my opinion when growing indoors, you will get much better results with defoliation if your environment and nutrient regimen is dialed in. But only the big leaves not the sugar leaves. But if you don’t know what you are doing, you are taking a big risk because leaves provide insurance for your mistakes. If you defoliate right you can get 3+ pounds per light. Here is an example. For me their defoliation is a bit extreme but it works for them. Outdoors I have a different option regarding this because you don’t lose light from vertical height. But indoors, plants tend to produce more leaf in areas where they are not getting enough light. Next time notice corners and edges. It usually gets leafy around those spots.

Top Bottom