Trimming leaves

• Thread starter Custom99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom99

Custom99

Is it recommended to trim monster leaves like this one for the light to get at the buds? The lower flowers do not get any light since a few of the leaves are so big and blocking it.

Trimming leaves
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

from my limited knowledge, if it is a photoperiod, it can handle the stress of selective defoliation. If its an auto, maybe try and tuck the larger fan leaves under the foliage and expose those buds.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hotly debated topic. I would remove that leaf personally, but others will say no.. Personal choice really. But if you do, the key is to be selective about it and dont remove too many at once. And dont just pull them willy nilly, only remove leaves that are really clogging the grow.

Nugg

Nugg

Yep everyone is different..I'd cut it along with all the big leaves on the bud.. there's a article on here somewhere about after week 4-5 of flower stripping all upper leaves...I leave canopy leaves and strip all bigger leaves up on the buds..this works for me and I like the results..

Custom99

Custom99

from my limited knowledge, if it is a photoperiod, it can handle the stress of selective defoliation. If its an auto, maybe try and tuck the larger fan leaves under the foliage and expose those buds.
Its an auto.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Its an auto.
tuck away then, try your best not to stress her out one bit. Tuck the larger leaves under a branch. If it's inevitable to cut, cut but don't over do it by any means as that will stunt it. I'm in this auto struggle bus too

Top Bottom