trimming the undergrowth

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

When should I trim off the undergrowth and popcorn? They are only a week in now. Thanks! :)

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
As soon as it's obvious they won't get adequate lighting. The less energy put into those buds the better your main colas will come out.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup, nice side effect fosho

K

kid606

and it helps a bit to prevent various pests (better airflow)

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Have not done this in the past, now I will!:clapping

S

Shaggy

I trim the popcorn but not any leaves unless I'm doing a Scrog... All leaves should be left IMHO

G

Guano

Leaves feed the budsites so I'm with Shagmeister on this one.

K

kid606

my plants mostly end up bigger then they should for my 250/400w lamp..so the lower groth would not get enough light and die after some time..
:smoke

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

I trim the bottoms all the way through flowering, but I personally leave one small branch with some bud sites on the bottom of the plant. If you are experiencing any deficiency that is the first place you’re going to see it, and hopefully you can see and correct the problem before it effects the whole plant. But do not get me wrong, I do trim up to a third of the plant along with topping and fimming of main shoots to encourage large top buds. But leaving one branch down there does help out. Also cutting the tips of the leaves and leaving around 60% of the leaf intact help gets light to down to the lower canopy and will not disrupt photosynthesis or sugar production/storage and helps the yield tremendously.
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

Top Bottom