trouble germinating...

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LUDACRIS.

couldnt say it better myself. just keep it simple ;)

JC

Keeping it simple is just planting the seeds. There are no paper towel faries in my garden. What can possibly be easier than taking a seed and pushing in to the dirt ??.
(i cant think of any).

LUDA.
:rollj:

waayne

waayne

Keeping it simple is just planting the seeds. There are no paper towel faries in my garden. What can possibly be easier than taking a seed and pushing in to the dirt ??.
(i cant think of any).

LUDA.

+1 ^^^ :pimp:
I always have good success just planting seeds directly
in the soil....
Check out Raskals thread on germinating seeds, it contains excellent info......

L

LUDACRIS.

+1 ^^^ :pimp:
I always have good success just planting seeds directly
in the soil....
Check out Raskals thread on germinating seeds, it contains excellent info......

Spot on "Wayne". My post is from "mandella seeds" and i always get 100% success by just planting them (1/4" or 6mm deep) root tip upwards. My germing this way can produce a sprout in 65-90 hrs everytime.

CHRIS.
:)

J

JCashman

(i cant think of any).

LUDA.

wait.. you don't have paper towel fairies? :worried

and also (at least to me) there's a difference between keeping it simple and doing nothing at all to it ;)

JC

L

LUDACRIS.

wait.. you don't have paper towel fairies? :worried

and also (at least to me) there's a difference between keeping it simple and doing nothing at all to it ;)

JC

All you need do is plant the seed in the dirt and thats it. Simple as that. Why complicate the matter by using pre germination methods ??.

C

CHILKaT

All you need do is plant the seed in the dirt and thats it. Simple as that. Why complicate the matter by using pre germination methods ??.

Maybe the same reason you did?

Paper towel fairies or soggy bandage fairies aren't that different, are they? People are going to use what works for them. When it stops working, they start trying other methods. Obviously you've changed your method from soggy bandage to soil.

I have much respect for Mike and Jasmine from Mandala Seeds, which is the origin of the germination info you posted. They also state: "This does not mean that pre-soaking should never be used with seeds from other sources, or that we criticize growers who prefer this method. We are aware that some breeders recommend it for their products."

Blaze

Blaze

Because pre-germ methods ensure higher germination rates in a much shorter period of time, as well as increasing the chances of having successful germination with when dealing with older or improperly stored seeds. Doing seeds directly in the soil works just fine of course, but with practice and proper technique you WILL get higher germ rates, and in much less time than it takes with direct seeding. I've hit as high as a 99.9% germ rate in 36 hours on some batches when using pre-germination, and the norm is usually a 95-99% germ rate in 48 hours or less. I've done this a lot, and done direct trials with the same seeds in the same conditions, and the pre-germ seeds ALWAYS have a higher germination rate by at least a few % points, and are up and growing in about half the time it takes when direct sowing.

L

LUDACRIS.

Maybe the same reason you did?

Paper towel fairies or soggy bandage fairies aren't that different, are they? People are going to use what works for them. When it stops working, they start trying other methods. Obviously you've changed your method from soggy bandage to soil.

I have much respect for Mike and Jasmine from Mandala Seeds, which is the origin of the germination info you posted. They also state: "This does not mean that pre-soaking should never be used with seeds from other sources, or that we criticize growers who prefer this method. We are aware that some breeders recommend it for their products."

Thats not my profile you are looking at. Its a mix up. Go back and look at the post counts/avatar and other details. It is not me.

L

LUDACRIS.

Because pre-germ methods ensure higher germination rates in a much shorter period of time, as well as increasing the chances of having successful germination with when dealing with older or improperly stored seeds. Doing seeds directly in the soil works just fine of course, but with practice and proper technique you WILL get higher germ rates, and in much less time than it takes with direct seeding. I've hit as high as a 99.9% germ rate in 36 hours on some batches when using pre-germination, and the norm is usually a 95-99% germ rate in 48 hours or less. I've done this a lot, and done direct trials with the same seeds in the same conditions, and the pre-germ seeds ALWAYS have a higher germination rate by at least a few % points, and are up and growing in about half the time it takes when direct sowing.

Still not convinced. Its not easier or faster.

C

CHILKaT

Thats not my profile you are looking at. Its a mix up. Go back and look at the post counts/avatar and other details. It is not me.

Sure, may not be you, but then I wonder...isn't this you from riu?

09-21-2008 02:52 PM #1
LUDACRIS

hi guys.
i am going to germinate some seeds straight into jiffy cubes as apposed to my old paper towel method(i,am told its better).
i have pre soaked a jiffy/squeezed it and put it in a 4"pot with my medium surrounding it.then obviously put a small hole in the top of the jiffy(4mm)and dropped the seed in covered it so its 4mm deep misted it in.i then covered the top of the pot with foil so no light can get in and put it in a drawer at the right temp.the big question is do i wait untill it sprouts the surface before i give i light.before i just germed using the towel method and when the roots sprouted i planted them immediately and gave them light.will my new method work without light???????.

THANKS ALL.
CRIS.

or this one from cannabis.com

And yes these documents are from my files (copied and pasted).

BECAUSE I DONT LIKE TYPING.
(i have many forums to feed and dont waste my time when i have everything to hand after 15yrs of growing).

(why type what i have stored in my documents ?????? when i can simply upload them).

LUDA.

You see, the thing that is obvious to me is that you are the great pretender. The cut and paste magician. I've seen your posts on riu, cannabis.com, 420,etc etc. So you can deny that they are you or the same LUDACRIS from Scotland, but what can't be denied is that they all seem to cut and paste the same nonsense and sign their posts the same exact way. The first time you posted Mandala's germination info you substituted 'I' for Mandala in the attempt to make it appear that you yourself wrote it, plagiarism to make yourself seem knowledgeable. Tsk tsk. So I'll tell you what you've said, been growing for 15 years, been growing for 8 years, and exactly 3 years ago it was a first grow, and I might add, you asked what bagseed was? Really? I don't know who you are, but I damn well know you are not a grower, doubt you've ever even popped a seed. LEO maybe? Can't figure out any other reason to pretend so much...

I am only a member of this forum and no others, but there was just something not quite right about you, so I did some digging like a good farmer should. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. ...

This site is for medical marijuana growers, why don't you see yourself out LUDACRIS. LUDA. CRIS.

And just for the record fellow farmers, I'm not a troll. I am a former LEO.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
??? Ok, I thought this was the Luda I know from an island. If it's not then I feel really embarrassed.
bought sum seeds from amsterdam. been trying to germinate them in a paper towel. the seeds seem to pop open just sllightly but then they dont open anymore or start growing when i put them into soil. they open a slight crack but then dont do anything else..
I've had this happen and haven't gotten them to go any further, I personally think it's a problem with the seeds themselves. Be they old or perhaps don't have enough "juice" (that little kernel of good stuff inside them), whatever the reason it's frustrating! I have been told, but haven't yet tried with any success, to give extremely low rates of feed. Another trick may be to try H&G Roots Excelurator. If it were me having trouble like that again, I would probably first try a good seaweed extract like GrowMore, Neptune's Harvest or MaxiCrop.

Boy oh boy was I wondering if I should post up my own experience. I tried just putting some seeds in the soil this year and every fucking one of them FAILED. I put them onto my wet paper towels, watch them pop open within a day, watch to see if they continue to grow a tail, then into the soil they go. Now they're popped using my own preferred method (yes, I am a Paper Towel Faerie!) and in a month I probably won't be able to tell who's who.

Blaze

Blaze

Professional horticulturists rarely use pre-germination methods to actually grow out the seedlings because of the shock suffered from transplanting them. For example, we use the paper tissue method only as a quick test for germination rates of aged seed stock from our genetic repository. This allows us to see beforehand how many seeds we have to put in soil to get the amount of plants we require for breeding projects.

:cool

Also I am not sure where this info came from, but it is completely incorrect. Pre-germination methods are used extensively in the horticulture industry to propagate many different types of plants and to break seed dormancy. In fact many, some species of plants REQUIRE some sort of pre-germination treatment, such as scuffing, or exposure to cold in order to germinate at all.

If you do not find pre-germinating worth your time, then do not do it. However when dealing with something as valuable as cannabis, I know that spending that little bit of extra time will pay off 100 fold at the end of the year. Not to mention I know I can go from seeds to actual growing plants in 3 days when using pre-germ methods, far faster than direct sowing.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>I smell Pork:giggle:giggle:
good detective work chillkat

mikeb437

mikeb437

here they are.. planted them in a bigger pot that i made from newspaper.. growin good though.

weed3.JPG

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Trouble Seeds

I use the paper towel method myself and have acheived around 90%+ with most seeds. I've had problems with some CC seeds like 3-10 for chemmaster 150$. Mostly don't over wet the towels, put them in a container to keep them moist, and in 24-48 hrs they should be popped. If they don't pop add a little h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) 1/2 shotglass spread over the towel. I'd wait until 4-5 days go by to try the h202. Just my .02$

mal

mikeb437

mikeb437

They look like indica. Biught sum white witch seeds and they gave me 10 free seeds. These r the freebies. They dont mark the packages so i dont know what strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom