Trouble identifying cause of yellowing and browning leaves.

• Thread starter Punjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Punjay

Punjay

Hi guys, I'm a first time grower and I'm having some trouble with my Blue Dream Auto in her mid flowering stage. Recently one of her leaves started doing turning yellow from the stem on one side of the leaf outward.
Trouble identifying cause of yellowing and browning leaves

Not only this, but she has a couple leaves with brown spots appearing on them and purple stems off of the main stem.
Trouble identifying cause of yellowing and browning leaves 2

The leaf pictured above has just recently started to turn brown, while the one below began looking like the one above but slowly progressed into this.
Trouble identifying cause of yellowing and browning leaves 3

I'm using FFOF and a few weeks ago i began slowly easing her into Fox Farms Tiger Bloom nutes starting with 1/4 of recommended dosage one week and raising it to 1/2 the recommended dosage the next week, and so on.

As far as things I've been doing differently lately, I've been having high pH issues and nothing I tried has worked to lower it. I put a good amount of elemental sulfur in her pot a couple months ago and I have yet to see its effects, and I flushed her to try and re-balance the pH of the soil, but that didn't work either. So, as a last resort I tried watering her weekly with a aluminum sulfate solution (1/4 cup per gallon of water) to lower the pH about 2 weeks ago.

The pH has been SLOWLY lowering, but I'm concerned that it may be causing this yellowing. Not quite sure what to do at this point or if I'm close enough to harvest that it just doesn't matter anymore. Any help is much appreciated!

Top Bottom