trouble in my tent

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

i have recently purchased a grow tent 1.2x1.2x1.2 i have just had a small 100w bulb while my seeds sprouted.now i have come to use my 600w hps and i find my temp goes sky high.it was a complete set with extractor fan and exaust,light and tent.i thought with everything being together it would give me the right temp,i also have a fan inside my tent bringing in fresh air.my temp got up to 93 it goes down to a nice 80 when i leave the door open but its not the point.can anybody help me on the situation?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am assuming you have an air cooled lamp, and if that's the case you may need a larger fan to exhaust all that hot air. I would also say 600w is a bit much for that small of a space. Maybe scaling back the wattage would help your temps. Other than that, all I can suggest is putting a direct A/C flow into the tent.

wambam123

wambam123

no mate no air cooled light. just a carbon filter exaust and my light.with a fan inside my tent bringing air from out side.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, then an air cooled hood would probably be a worthy investment. You could directly vent the hot air out of the tent and avoid a good amount of your hat problems.

R

Robert

Ok, then an air cooled hood would probably be a worthy investment. You could directly vent the hot air out of the tent and avoid a good amount of your hat problems.

Smoking Gun is correct, a air cooled hood would do the trick.

P

polar3

Cool the bulb. Pyrex bake a round(ebay). Attach vent hose to glass tube, then to extractor fan, then out through filter. You will be venting the tent through the light, then out the filter.

wambam123

wambam123

other options

is there anything i could put in my tent to cool it down?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

is there anything i could put in my tent to cool it down?

I am sure that venting the light directly with an air cooled hood would be easier and cheaper. Also if you are working with 1 cubic foot, that doesn't give you much room to work with. I am a little confused as to what you have set up. Are you planning on flowering these plants at 3 inches tall? 1 cubic meter makes a bit more sense. Could you please clarify what equipment you are using, and what strain you are planning to run. It would help us answer any questions you may have.

wambam123

wambam123

I am sure that venting the light directly with an air cooled hood would be easier and cheaper. Also if you are working with 1 cubic foot, that doesn't give you much room to work with. I am a little confused as to what you have set up. Are you planning on flowering these plants at 3 inches tall? 1 cubic meter makes a bit more sense. Could you please clarify what equipment you are using, and what strain you are planning to run. It would help us answer any questions you may have.

sorry mate i have a 600w hps light my tent is 1x2mx1.2mx1.2m i have a carbon filter exaust with a tt100 in line fan.i see what u mean about the air cooled ballast only just got on what u meant. i am growing trainwreck ghs,i have had to do with leaving my door open on the tent to keep the temp down it stays at a steady 74.but for me to be able to zip the fella up i am gonna have to get one of those ballasts and attach my inline fan to it.but for now will i just be able to leave my door open on my tent will it affect my plants. also if i leave the door open on my tent will i not have to use co2?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks for the info, it definitely helps. Ok, at 1.2 cubic meters, I would definitely suggest an air cooled HOOD for your light, not an air cooled ballast.

As for keeping your door open, during the veg stage, its fine. And truthfully when the lights are on during flower its ok to have the door open too. The only thing with leaving the door open during flowering is whether or not you will remember to close it before lights out.

If you leave the door open I would not suggest adding CO2. All the extra CO2 would be lost right out of the open door. You are growing in a pretty small space with a pretty decent air flow, and I do not think adding CO2 would make all that much difference, but I would also say it couldn't hurt.

Another thing to remember, given your space is that you are working with a Sativa dominant strain. It will most likely have a tendency to stretch a good deal once the flowering cycle is started (I have not worked with this strain and do not know exactly how much stretch to expect). So keeping an eye on plant height will be rather improtant; you do not want the plantsgrowing right into the light.

Just some things to think about. I would also suggest investing in a good grow book. I would suggest Jorge Cervantes' book, its simple to understand and covers just about any issue you may experience. Best of luck to you. I got a seat here and will be real interested in seeing how this one goes.

wambam123

wambam123

??

smoking gun how high do u think i should let my plants grow b4 i bud them??

T

tuffgong69

wambam,if your tents only 1.2 metrs high you probably wanna put them into flower at about 10-12 inches high,as s/g said,sativas stretch more than indicas..dont let the plant tops get any nearer than a foot from the light,if they start getting out of hand you may have to do some branch bending and tying..p.s. door open during lights on is a positive thing to do especially if the room the tents in has fresh air coming in!good luck,tg :yes

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Tuffgong: definitely when I would have said to flower them.

Wambam: To help keep the plants short without cutting out yield would be to do some LST and/or topping (FIMing). These are good training methods to increase plant tops while keeping the plants short and mamagable.

Also, are you able to raise and lower your light?

Top Bottom