Trouble with continued yellowing on the leave into grow

• Thread starter Lisa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

Trouble with continued yellowing on the leave into grow

OK - 4x4 tent - 4 600 led - organic soil (that seems like it has no nutrients - will use different dirt next grow) 5 gallon pots. I'm about 4 weeks into bloom. The leaves actually look lighter then this shows. Strain p cookie

From the beginning I have had trouble with yellow leaves. I was feeding botanicare grow and went into their bloom product and added cal mag but they just seem to be getting worse. Why isn't the cal mag working? I'm going by the bottle and giving them a teaspoon per 1 1/2 gal. Was this not enough?

I flushed yesterday to prepare to start over. So do you let the plants dry out after flush - or go ahead and change nuits? I have some foxfarms and of course the cal mag.

What would you all suggest? I was just planning to switch to fox farms. Do I go by their feed schedule at 4 weeks bloom and keep adding the cal mag/ - and when do I do that after flushing.

Thanks for any advice! Lisa

Pitbull2way

Pitbull2way

Try feeding 1/4 to start back and 1/2 after that. Water? RO? Tap? Room temperature and humidity is very important. Looks like that's your problem.

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thank you. I have been fighting this yellowing for over a 6 weeks. I'm using regular tap water that has sat over a day. The tent is staying between 80 and 69. A lot of days it stays in the low 70's because it's cold here now. I do ph the water to 6.5. The humility is around 40% I had a heater break and the girls were in the low 60's for a week at night until I realized. I also might have gotten the ph wrong watering if the first few weeks. I know at the time I was hoping that I hadn't stressed them so much they would hermi on me. So I should be glad to even have these small buds.

Switched to Fox Farms yesterday and will keep my fingers crossed. The plant in the picture only has another month in bloom and should make it. But I have others, sativa, that need another 2 months. They all don't seem to be bulking up this time. I wondered about the Bondanicare fertilizer. Also I usually add some worm castings to my soil and I didn't this time. I wonder if I will ever get it down. I've had trouble with over fertilizing with fox farms in the past. Just need a fertilizer that is simpler and doesn't give you directions that burns your plants and will pay more for dirt next time!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Switching nutrients is not going to help. The issues you are seeing are exactly what you would expect from what she has been through. Yields and quality will suffer a bit. Almost every manufacturers recommend dose will burn your plants. Always start feeding at 1/4 and wait at least a week to see how they respond. I would give em a 1/3-1/2 dose and make sure not to over water as this will cause issues with nutrient uptake also. These girls are hungry you need to keep these warm... Ideally 75-80 day and no cloder than 65 during lights out. It affects nutrient uptake so it important. Of you can't keep good parameters you will have issues. Just being honest

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thank you - appreciate the honesty! I knew that there were so many issues with this batch. I may still be in trouble because I flushed and then fed 2 days later - so maybe I have added over water to the mix of issues! Will up the heat during the day - and at night they are not going below 69. I saw this as a Cal Mag deficiency but the Cal Mag additive hasn't seemed to improve the problem. Just want to get as much bud as I can and hope to do better next time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you - appreciate the honesty! I knew that there were so many issues with this batch. I may still be in trouble because I flushed and then fed 2 days later - so maybe I have added over water to the mix of issues! Will up the heat during the day - and at night they are not going below 69. I saw this as a Cal Mag deficiency but the Cal Mag additive hasn't seemed to improve the problem. Just want to get as much bud as I can and hope to do better next time.
Yep that's a natural response... Try to fix the issue. Often it leads to more problems and that's the part that sucks we try to do the right thing and our girls shit on us for lol. I was just talking about this in another thread. Calcium is passively taken up and with cold temps and over watering it drastically affects nutrient uptake. Since calcium is the most used nutrient it's usually the first to show deficiency. So it's not that your don't have enough it just the plant is not able to sufficiently take it up. My advice is let em dry out well... Wait till pots are alarmingly light then give em a 1/3-1/2 dose and see how they respond.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

View attachment 916304
OK - 4x4 tent - 4 600 led - organic soil (that seems like it has no nutrients - will use different dirt next grow) 5 gallon pots. I'm about 4 weeks into bloom. The leaves actually look lighter then this shows. Strain p cookie

From the beginning I have had trouble with yellow leaves. I was feeding botanicare grow and went into their bloom product and added cal mag but they just seem to be getting worse. Why isn't the cal mag working? I'm going by the bottle and giving them a teaspoon per 1 1/2 gal. Was this not enough?

I flushed yesterday to prepare to start over. So do you let the plants dry out after flush - or go ahead and change nuits? I have some foxfarms and of course the cal mag.

What would you all suggest? I was just planning to switch to fox farms. Do I go by their feed schedule at 4 weeks bloom and keep adding the cal mag/ - and when do I do that after flushing.

Thanks for any advice! Lisa
My guess is you dropped your nitrogen too fast and that's what's causing the yellowing; I recommend you feed a balanced nutrient, or a complete nutrient like Mega crop and give it what it needs. I can't see the whole plant but I would give it 600-800 PPM

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you're using organic soil + tap water + calmag + botanicare nutrients, I'm thinking theyve been overfed (burnt tips) and subsequently locked out (yellowing and noticable deficiencies).

I'd rinse the soil with plain tap water and check the EC of the runoff, and go from there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree they were over fed at one point but she just did a flush and recently watered again... I think another flush would do even more harm at this point no?

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thanks guys for trying to help when I've really messed up. The runoff from the bottom was 7.0. (don't understand runoff - is this OK?) I've been pretty good about waiting until they are light to water. But might have hit them a couple of times more trying to fix this. I think that they are not getting the nutrients and that it's got to be lock out - that's why I flushed but I did feed 1/2 nuits 2 days later. Last grow bug problems this grow nuit problems - I'm trying to learn but boy I seem to be slow! Just saved a bird that hit the window - so I fixed something!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks guys for trying to help when I've really messed up. The runoff from the bottom was 7.0. (don't understand runoff - is this OK?) I've been pretty good about waiting until they are light to water. But might have hit them a couple of times more trying to fix this. I think that they are not getting the nutrients and that it's got to be lock out - that's why I flushed but I did feed 1/2 nuits 2 days later. Last grow bug problems this grow nuit problems - I'm trying to learn but boy I seem to be slow! Just saved a bird that hit the window - so I fixed something!
👍

Just give time between... To see if its helping. It's going to take time to recover.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I was feeding botanicare grow and went into their bloom product and added cal mag but they just seem to be getting worse. Why isn't the cal mag working? I'm going by the bottle and giving them a teaspoon per 1 1/2 gal. Was this not enough?
When did you "go into their Bloom product"? Was it as soon as you changed lighting cycle to 12/12?

Lisa22

Lisa22

When did you "go into their Bloom product"? Was it as soon as you changed lighting cycle to 12/12?

Actually I think it was before - Bondanicare says to switch to Bloom in transition - so 2 weeks before I changed the lights.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Good call.
Thanks, I only know because I was guilty of the same thing for a couple grows when I started growing again 4 years ago LOL
Actually I think it was before - Bondanicare says to switch to Bloom in transition - so 2 weeks before I changed the lights.
Herein lies your problem; plants need nitrogen through their entire growing cycle, particularly when you switch them into bloom which causes an acceleration of growth unmatched in the plants entire life cycle

Stop Believing what it says on nute bottles! You need to feed your plants balanced nutrition through the whole growth cycle. So-called Bloom Cycles are counterproductivr, I don't know exactly why they recommend them but you need to stop following these recommendations for best results

I don't know your specific newts, and where you're halfway through your bloom cycle that complicates things too, I'll look up your product in the morning after coffee and see if I can make a recommendation to help you keep some of those yellow leaves on that plant a little longer and get you squared away going forward

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thank you - I have pulled out the fox farms trio exactly for the reason you mention they have the grow nuits and the stuff with the bat quano. So please look at that instead of the Bondanicare. Thank you!!

Madbud

Madbud

What kind of five gallon pot, breathable cloth or a bucket? If the roots are stressed she cannibalizes the fans.

Lisa22

Lisa22

What kind of five gallon pot, breathable cloth or a bucket? If the roots are stressed she cannibalizes the fans.
They are just the regular black pots that roses come in at the nurseries - I wonder if the fabric pots would be better but it seems like they would make such a mess.

Top Bottom