Trouble with Hydro

• Thread starter HB Dave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HB Dave

I have recently changed from soil to Hydro, I am a somewhat experienced grower and have done the best research to ID this problem as I can with no success, I continue to lose babies.

The PPMS are right in the 1100 range on the EX tester, PH is in the 6.0 range.

It is a 12 pack Waterfarms setup, with GH trio flora line nutrients.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble with hydro
Trouble with hydro 2
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
1100 is a bit high for them so small. flush them and go with ppm around 600 (use even parts micro, grow and bloom) and maybe raise the lights a few days until they come around.

M

metalf919

ppm too high!

1100 ppm too high for babies no more than 400.change water immediately. peace

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I had the same problem with my waterfarms. Do 1/4 strength nute till you see healthy leaves and gradually increase ur ppms. I usually start around 500ppms. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

H

HB Dave

Thank you all very much, I suspected the same, I was told to do the opposite last night and crank the nutes up, I have drained/leeched the system twice today, and added new water/nutes at 625 PPM 5.5 PH, hopefully it is not too late but I think I may have just learned my first Hydro lesson hehe.

Thanks again everyone!

C

cindy99 king

mmm 1100 to hot,dont about the rest of u,but i grow my babys under a fluro grow light ,takes a bit longer but never lost anything.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

A little info makes alot of people dangerous.

Not nute burn and anyone that tells you that 1100 ppm off of GH Flora is too strong doesn't know how to push plants. At all. 1400 ppm on a .7 conversion under a 400W light is just fine. 400. Not 600 or thowie but 400.

Take the Gh flora aggresive veg and feed 2/3 of that. At least 1100 and not too strong.

Dehydration buddy. Not anute issue. A RH/temp/light intensity issue.

Raise the light, make sure yer drippers are hitting the roots.

Dehydration.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Dehydration buddy. Not anute issue.

Dehydration.

too high of a nute concentration... it's called fertilizer salt, osmosis. feed them, light fertilizer and give them humates and beneficials. I was a doubter of beneficials in rock, but now a believer. watch your water temps, don't go above 70.

EDIT: let me be more specific, when your nutrient level (or any salt, mineral, acid, PPM concentration in general) in your reservoir becomes higher than the level in your plants the nutrient mix actually starts taking water out of your plants through osmosis in an effort to reach an equilibrium. lower your PPM's and the plant will be able to retain more water. 1100 is high IMO, I usually run a total PPM of 600-800 with a plant that size. Don't start pushing them hard until they're about 1ft tall.

Top Bottom