Trouble with my candy kush autos

• Thread starter Escent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Escent

Blueberry is probably one of the top stable genetics you can grow. I'm not a big fan of autos myself either, I always had some form of nutrient issues.
This photo of my blueberry when it was young is so nice and perky, much better to grow than the candy kush. I had it in the same tent as the autos.

I would appreciate any intel on some really good genetics.

IMG 1808
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I am curious, what size pots are your plants are in, and how often do you water/ feed? I now also see this is an older post 🙄

Last edited:
E

Escent

I am curious, what size pots are your plants are in, and how often do you water/ feed?
For the old candy kush autos It ended up being watered around every 2 days, they were in 3 gallon pots. The feeding varied a bit but they mainly all got the same organic nutes from dr earth, .5-1tbsp per gallon every 2-4wks.

For the blueberry it's in a 7 gallon pot and I'm watering it now every two days otherwise it starts to droop. I came to this realization after being away for 4 days and it was intensely drooping despite it being normally watered every 4 days before.

I have 3 Skunks in 1 gallons that were being watered every 3 or 4 days, now they need water about 2 days or they droop. I have a jack herer in a 3 gallon, needing water also about every 2 days and then drooping, although I checked the moisture in the pot and it was still a bit moist.

I've got an annoying fungus gnat problem I can't shake, using mosquito bits now which will hopefully work.

My current plants are being watered about every 2-3 days, and fed about each month.

Last edited:
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

7 gallon pots every 2 days now? How much do you use on 7 gallons when watering...do you soak the medium until runoff?

E

Escent

7 gallon pots every 2 days now? How much do you use on 7 gallons when watering...do you soak the medium until runoff?
I'm using around half a gallon of water, watered in slowly to no run off or if I rush the watering there's a little.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Dear friend, I suspect that you are chronically over watering your plants, and that is what I expected on your last grow. Cannabis is a weed, and as a result it requires a dry time also in the soil so that the roots can absorb oxygen that the plant needs. When your medium is always wet the roots are unable to do their job and plant is unable to uptake the nutrients that they require. I water in 3 gallon pots in flower, with a watering/ feed of about 1 gallon every 5-6 days presently, but this will increase to about 3-4 days near the end of flower. You need to let your plants root zone dry out between watering/ feedings. I also use a practice of water, water water feed cycle to prevent nutrient build up (salts) in my medium. I ph my water/ feeds to a 6.4 for soil and always add magnesium to every watering.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I got the seeds from growerschoiceseeds, I believe they come from auto seeds. Descriptions of this strain vary a bit across different sites. Took pretty long for them to start flowering as well.
Those are the same seeds I have then, I got my candy kush autos from growers choice as well so you can see the difference between my 3 plants

All 3 under same conditions same watering schedule 2x are very short with compact nodes and one is spreading out wide

E89C2C34 564F 4325 B71F 90D7FBC8B603
9C1237C8 93E1 4294 80B8 F84119021EE8
C10DA0D3 DA08 48A3 A7BA 8932820FC371
E

Escent

Dear friend, I suspect that you are chronically over watering your plants, and that is what I expected on your last grow. Cannabis is a weed, and as a result it requires a dry time also in the soil so that the roots can absorb oxygen that the plant needs. When your medium is always wet the roots are unable to do their job and plant is unable to uptake the nutrients that they require. I water in 3 gallon pots in flower, with a watering/ feed of about 1 gallon every 5-6 days presently, but this will increase to about 3-4 days near the end of flower. You need to let your plants root zone dry out between watering/ feedings. I also use a practice of water, water water feed cycle to prevent nutrient build up (salts) in my medium. I ph my water/ feeds to a 6.4 for soil and always add magnesium to every watering.
The soil is drying out in between waterings, just the jack herer's (3gal pot) soil felt a bit more moist closer to the surface. I'm checking it through the weight of the pots and from the edges of the soil raise up and get dry as well as sticking my finger in the soil. I've switched to watering more frequently based on what the plants have been showing me and how light they get.

Initially for the previous grow I did end up overwatering in the beginning as I tried to keep the seedling moist, which added to the stunting. I was misting the top layer of the soil.

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

This photo of my blueberry when it was young is so nice and perky, much better to grow than the candy kush. I had it in the same tent as the autos.

I would appreciate any intel on some really good genetics.
Blueberry has always given me great results. I absolutely love the color change near the end its final flowering
20200423 170429
20191220 193056

Top Bottom