Trouble with Sativa's?

• Thread starter DrDanko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrDanko

So this may be a funny question to some, as I'm laughing at myself while typing it. I'm currently growing some OGR White Fires, Fire Bubba's, etc. These all have MONSTER fan leaves, bigger than my hands. My first experience growing a plant like this was my previous grow with LA Confidential. I grew the Conf in single cola formation, instead of topping like I normally do. I only was able to harvest about 10 grams max with single cola. So now I've topped and plan to do some training with my current OGR strans. I guess my issue is...how do you work around those monster leaves? I can't even imagine any light penetrating? Do people trim any of these off during veg? What's the best way to go about it. Guessing a good LST, but unfortunately I'm not gonna have the 1.5 months I need to get that accomplished. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

JH420

JH420

I don't quite get what this thread has to do with sativa's???

Did you check out LaWoman's "Fan leaves in the way" thread at the Advanced Techniques furum? I wish I knew how pull up the link for ya.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on removing fan leaves. But in my limited experience removing a fair amount of fan leaves on my Bubba's really improved the growth of the lower buds...I did this about halfway into flower.

D

DrDanko

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinkin JH. Too many things going on at once. I was trying to help a friend and do 20 things at once, made a shitty thread. Sorry for the dumb post. If Logic or another admin could delete this please? Thx.

JH420

JH420

Not sayin it's a bad thread brotha jus couldn't figure out what it had to do with sats.

D

DrDanko

I hear ya JH. I know you're not hatin', bro. It was a dumb thread because...A. It has nothing to do with Sativa's, don't know where that came from.....and B. because I pretty much already know the answers.

I've read the thread you noted in the past, and definitely am in favor of 'thinning-out' plants. I just spent about 4 hours yesterday pruning my girls that are just entering week 4 of flower. Now that I've got those under control, I'm worrying about getting my clones I just rooted and potted ready for the next round. I'm also trying to get my plan together for maybe 30 outdoor plants. I don't have a great location so I was originally just gonna throw out 3 or 4 big bushes and be happy with keeping it manageable. But as usual my ambition will get the best of me and I'll end up going bigger. I'm thinking of trying out this outdoor scrog method that Tabor told me about. Where you put out 20-30 clones that you veg to maybe 5-6 nodes. You just make a nice-sized bed and throw 'em all in together. Probably don't need more than 1.5 feet per plant, and you don't have to put them out until July. Sounds simple enough. Anyway, that discussion is for another thread. Let's just let this one die a slow death. Peace. DrD.

Top Bottom