Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone

• Thread starter atorson19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

atorson19

Hey all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place (please let me know if there's a better section!)- I'm new to the site and first year growing. First, a little about my set-up. Its an outdoor grow in a 7G rhizopot with promix HP, perlite, sea compost, dolomite lime and bat guano. The veg stage went pretty well (as far as I can tell), but now that I'm in the flowering stage (about 4 weeks in), my flowering appears to be way behind schedule (at least a couple weeks) and I'm starting to get an increase in yellow leaves that are slowly dying off. The yellow leaves are mostly at the bottom of the plant, but there are a handful of interior fan leaves that are turning now as well. Like a said, I'm new to this, but I've tried to do my homework here. These phenotypes suggest an issue with a mobile nutrient and the color changes suggest either N or MG deficiency. However, as you'll see in the attached pictures, I'm getting yellow venation in the leaves, which is inconsistent with examples of these deficiencies that I've seen. I picked up a pH meter this morning and i'm sitting right below 7, so I don't think its lockout. I'm in SW Ontario and we've been in the midst of a heatwave (80+ F every day for a couple weeks now) and crazy humid, so maybe what I'm seeing is just an artifact of that. I'm also seeing lots of purple stems (which some say can be due to genetics, it's purple kush after all...). I know that yellow leaves are common (and even a good thing) late in flowering, but since my plant appears to be behind, I'm concerned that this isn't just normal senescence. Thanks for any advice!

Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone
Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone 2
Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone 3
Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone 4
Troubleshooting slow flowering and yellow leaves on outdoor purple kush clone 5
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

She has filled her pot, and is now relying on your feedings. Give her a nice good top dress and she will be fine.

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

Hey all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place (please let me know if there's a better section!)- I'm new to the site and first year growing. First, a little about my set-up. Its an outdoor grow in a 7G rhizopot with promix HP, perlite, sea compost, dolomite lime and bat guano. The veg stage went pretty well (as far as I can tell), but now that I'm in the flowering stage (about 4 weeks in), my flowering appears to be way behind schedule (at least a couple weeks) and I'm starting to get an increase in yellow leaves that are slowly dying off. The yellow leaves are mostly at the bottom of the plant, but there are a handful of interior fan leaves that are turning now as well. Like a said, I'm new to this, but I've tried to do my homework here. These phenotypes suggest an issue with a mobile nutrient and the color changes suggest either N or MG deficiency. However, as you'll see in the attached pictures, I'm getting yellow venation in the leaves, which is inconsistent with examples of these deficiencies that I've seen. I picked up a pH meter this morning and i'm sitting right below 7, so I don't think its lockout. I'm in SW Ontario and we've been in the midst of a heatwave (80+ F every day for a couple weeks now) and crazy humid, so maybe what I'm seeing is just an artifact of that. I'm also seeing lots of purple stems (which some say can be due to genetics, it's purple kush after all...). I know that yellow leaves are common (and even a good thing) late in flowering, but since my plant appears to be behind, I'm concerned that this isn't just normal senescence. Thanks for any advice!
She definitely looks hungry top dress with worm castings and foliar spray her with some magnesium sulphate... wait a day or two then foliar spray with liquid seaweed weekly. Add a little organic corn sprouted seed tea to your waterings.

Top Bottom