Truth about twin marijuana plants!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Pics Included)

• Thread starter dsanford717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

I would say leave them, but give them extra room. When they start coming up, supercrop them in opposite directions.
Can I get your opinion on this? Initially the seed looked like it was growing two taproots. However today, as you can see in the second picture, the seed split and the cotyledon started forming. Any idea why the seed popped at the bottom of it? Doesn't the seed pop from the top of the tap root?

Twin
Not twin
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
If anything, It was likely "turned around" inside the seed pod by it's mal-positioned freakishness. Sorta like "breech baby" in the womb. On the first pic, if you look, at the bottom area, you can clearly see " the split of the COTYLEDON, or the beginning of the "seed leaves"

It might look a bit like "two roots" but clearly, it is not.

Usually if I open and find in that condition, I will wrap, and check in 24 hours, you want clear roots, and leaves before taking out from incubation, like the second picture, even perhaps a bit more mature. But beware too long, you risk separating issues. Usually, I have a dozen or more seeds spawning at once, all in various stages. They can and do get tangled, and often grow thru the napkin, or down it's center, between layers. In those cases, I remove parts of the napkin itself, and plant it all.

I find a pinch of azomite does amazing things at this stage, with perhaps, a tad of ph 6.5 and minimal dose of rapid start (ammonium molydbate, ammonium nitrate). They help create the conditions for increased root hairs,(early on) which are critical for early growth spurts. Also, don't wrap too tight, you still want a bit of air to create rapid root growth, without becoming dry, too fast. There is a equilibrium to be maintained.

IMG 20200418 153346   Copy
IMG 20200422 155010820
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Bury root's deep. Look at the runner hairs on these spouts.

william76

william76

That's not twins,that's 2 separate seeds in 1 pot by the looks of it,u should be able to scoop the little 1 out and put in its own pot.a spoon would do.looks a little weird(circular cotledons),but it should grow out of it.its a little behind the big 1 but should catch up once established,good luck,76

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That's not twins,that's 2 separate seeds in 1 pot by the looks of it,u should be able to scoop the little 1 out and put in its own pot.a spoon would do.looks a little weird(circular cotledons),but it should grow out of it.its a little behind the big 1 but should catch up once established,good luck,76
Agreeed. Basically twins, I think. Wonder what happened to these seeds, if the op was able to propagate both plants.

william76

william76

I'm sure I got a male and female from the last twin I had,I used the male to pollinate the female (nl).I'd have to check my notes but I wonder what the progeny will be like?,76

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
"twins" arent actually twins, one is the product of a male and female and one is a clone of its mom. genetically speaking

G

Green7458

Sorry but I beg to disagree. I think my twins are true identical twins in every single way.

Top Bottom